Evidence for religion

I stopped reading your post at "they should be locked up"

you again prove that talking to religious zealots is pointless as you can't help adding things that didn't get said or even implied, nowhere in any of my posts do I say you or any other religious bigot should be locked up.

So fuck off.

Goodbye.

I stopped reading your post at "they should be locked up"

you again prove that talking to religious zealots is pointless as you can't help adding things that didn't get said or even implied, nowhere in any of my posts do I say you or any other religious bigot should be locked up.

So fuck off.

Goodbye.
Hence 'please correct me if I am wrong.' It seems I was wrong - for this I apologise. I am just trying to understand where you are coming from. Trying to find a way to communicate that allows both of us to believe what we want, yet might reveal some sort of common ground - even if that just means accepting that we look at life in entirely different ways.

Last edited:
Ok. Please correct me if I am wrong. But for you what might be called 'divine love' is not real and is just a fantasy for those that are closed minded bigots that should be locked up
in a mental institution? Or something along those lines? Ok, great - fair enough. For me divine love is more like a tangible experience. When open to this, life feels more enjoyable. The likes of hate falls away. I feel like I act less like a selfish wanker. This is pretty amazing in my books. Does this make me some sort of 'ultra special chosen one?' No, not really. More that I am an average bloke that somehow - perhaps through 'grace' - has started to discover that everyday life can come to feel more like a blessing than a curse. For this I am grateful. In this way I find that 'religion' is more like a personal experience that I choose to explore, than something to be enforced upon another. Or, if you like, it is a way of opening up myself rather than trying to close another down - telling them what they should believe, what they should or shouldn't do etc etc. So, evidence for religion? For me I feel like I have plenty but for one, this may not fit into what many might call religion, for two I accept this may not satisfy others demands for evidence and that is more than understandable. Each to their own, Live and let live and all that
I like reading your posts art, I try my best to decipher your(seemingly) babbling drivel mate. And I'm not having a pop at you as I don't think you're an idiot. You may be onto something but I'm a bit of a simple man who tries to say things as understandable as possible. I and others would feel appreciative if you answered questions plausible enough as to have an idea WTF your going on about me owd space cadet; )

Here's a song I think you may like.

I like reading your posts art, I try my best to decipher your(seemingly) babbling drivel mate. And I'm not having a pop at you as I don't think you're an idiot. You may be onto something but I'm a bit of a simple man who tries to say things as understandable as possible. I and others would feel appreciative if you answered questions plausible enough as to have an idea WTF your going on about me owd space cadet; )

Here's a song I think you may like.

Thanks. And here's a thing. You have known suffering, as have I. Really, what I am speaking of is a way that I try to find so as to be free of this. Not so bad, right? In this way I don't give a flying fuck how people might come to know this. Is not important. Some may find this through religion, some through art, some through sport etc etc...whatever the fuck. In this way arguments about religion are maybe not so helpful. They do not not have a monopoly on this, even if they claim to do so..anyhow, whatever etc etc...each to their own

Thanks. And here's a thing. You have known suffering, as have I. Really, what I am speaking of is a way that I try to find so as to be free of this. Not so bad, right? In this way I don't give a flying fuck how people might come to know this. Is not important. Some may find this through religion, some through art, some through sport etc etc...whatever the fuck. In this way arguments about religion are maybe not so helpful. They do not not have a monopoly on this, even if they claim to do so..anyhow, whatever etc etc...each to their own
I think I know where you're coming from regarding suffering mate. Physical pain can heal given time. Bones mend cuts heal and fade but mental scars remain etched in ones mind. I've been to some dark places mentally, and if I'm honest(and I always try and be) with myself I'm mentally scarred from the past, and my mental scars will never heal. I have an unrepairable broken heart from the only woman I've truly madly deeply loved.

Wtf as this got to do with God and religion. Well fuck all to do with religion, but if I was a cat I wouldn't have many lives left, probably wouldn't be here now. I've freed my mind of religion, it was dragging me down when I was younger even though I wasn't religious. I just feel there's more to life than what people say there is, and I believe I have not always been in a state to make a conscious and rational decision. A divine intervention, well nobody can say I'm talking shite when they haven't been were I have, and was almost ready give up on life.

There are far more intelligent well read posters on here than I am, that's a fact.
I didn't even pass an exam at school so I must be a duffer; ) ..... But nobody can tell me god does or doesn't exist, for nobody walking this mortal coil actually knows the truth until they shuffle of this mortal coil. There may be nothing at all. But I believe in life after death, I've had too many strange things happen not to think we die and turn to dust into a great abyss of nothingness.

Where does our soul go? I can't say but I think there is an afterlife, but that's just my belief. The older I get the less I worry it it though tbh. I'm more at peace with myself nowadays than I have been, doesn't mean my heart is content though... I often still think I'm an enemy of this cruel word, and all the greed poverty hate war oppression and suffering that is in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.