Food improvements and cheaper beer

why the fuck do they make you take the tops off pop bottles.£3 a shot and the kids put it under their seats and then someone wants to get past so kids stand up and knock them over.i mean what the fuck are we gonna do with the tops
Presume it is because if they left the top on, you could throw a full battle into the crowd, whereas the liquid in a bottle with no top on would empty as it was thrown And cause less damage if it then hit someone.

I tried to get a round of drinks (7 of us) before the game in the bar in City Sq. after waiting 20 mins to get served, firstly they ran out of beer, then only a single pump was working and then the girl couldn’t open a beer with a bottle opener.... shambolic was not the word... in the end i turned away and saved the money. I won’t be trying again in the future

This was put in another thread a few days ago?

The poster said new director of catering appointed and that this year catering across the board

would be either cheaper for same quality/size or same price/ same quality but bigger portions?

So Burgers may be same price and quality but higher meat volume eg 2oz bigger than before &

Pies will be bigger!
Excellent news - never missed a game all through the promotions and relegations and the more recent years of success - but when the grub and ale quality started to deteriorate and the prices started getting jacked up enough was enough and haven’t been to a game since - leaving the sarcasm behind - surely the football is far more important than all the other crap surrounding it - if I want a decent cheap pint and a pie or some chips then I can get that anywhere near where I live - the game is only 90 minutes so surely most people can go without a pie and a pint until they get home ? And yes before someone posts it I do realise that some people have just finished work etc and they haven’t had time to eat or drink (hence the queues at the chippys near the stadium

I tried to get a round of drinks (7 of us) before the game in the bar in City Sq. after waiting 20 mins to get served, firstly they ran out of beer, then only a single pump was working and then the girl couldn’t open a beer with a bottle opener.... shambolic was not the word... in the end i turned away and saved the money. I won’t be trying again in the future
Same happened to us as well.
Only they had run out of bottles as well!

why the fuck do they make you take the tops off pop bottles.£3 a shot and the kids put it under their seats and then someone wants to get past so kids stand up and knock them over.i mean what the fuck are we gonna do with the tops

Presume it is because if they left the top on, you could throw a full battle into the crowd, whereas the liquid in a bottle with no top on would empty as it was thrown And cause less damage if it then hit someone.

I was told it was to stop people taking the tops off & throwing them st the players rather like the coins that used to be thrown!!

However, I know lots of people take a spare top in their pocket! I used to but luckily (as the rule is sooooo consistent) they leave the top on in one of the outlets in CBL1!!

What happened to the halftime token bar in SS3?
Good question.

They sold me a token before the game, once they'd found them, but when I went to get a beer with it at HT, nothing.

My guess is that they might not have had enough reusable cups to do it, without leaving themselves short at the bars.

The bottles of Heineken are still £4.50.

The first 3 bars had sold out. The 4th bar only had a few bottles left.

The new catering manager hasn’t made a good start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.