Var debate 2019/20

The new rule is utter bollocks I fully agree mate.

If Hawkeye it a heat map showed you n the screen to everyone then people would accept the decision and move on , not a decision being made by a shit referee deemed not qualified enough to ref the game ! An opinion and not a proven fact

I’m fully aware of that and not disputing the rule etc ! What I’m saying is without scientific evidence of heat map, ultra edge , Hawkeye etc , it’s just open to manipulation and interpretation , it’s nit being based on facts like goal line technology , no one has an issue with it because it’s a fact !
Its as Gary Linekar said last night ref VAR and offside it can (at the moment) never be proved scientifically and likewise handball will just be the same for the forseeable future.
No doubt someone will come up with an invention, like goal-line technology, which has proven to be a marvellous scientific solution.
Case of watch this space over the next few seasons.

Its as Gary Linekar said last night ref VAR and offside it can (at the moment) never be proved scientifically and likewise handball will just be the same for the forseeable future.
No doubt someone will come up with an invention, like goal-line technology, which has proven to be a marvellous scientific solution.
Case of watch this space over the next few seasons.

Then fuck it off till they have the technology other wise it’s just a load of horse shit all done on interpretation, may as well have just stuck with the pricks with the whistle and got on with it

Also, I thought VAR was only called on if it was a Clear and Obvious error. That wasn't clear and obvious, not one single person even spotted it. Even the commentators on the slo-mo reply on TV didn't see it until VAR kicked in?
I am sure I have read somewhere that all goals will be reviewed just to check for handball and any other incidents that weren't spotted initially.

As I`ve said to other posters have a look at the photo taken behind the goal and is on the back pages of the Sunday Mirror where it clearly shows the ball hitting Erics hand.
If it was that cut and dry that it didn`t, then you need to look back on this thread from the overwhelming majority who saw differently than you and one or two more.
Its not VAR that was incorrect ... its the fucking new stupid ruling and will cause more problems than the FA and PL ever thought would do and they need to revert back to the old ruling ... quickly.
Oakie my lovely we can't see that pic unless you post it,there is no paper to look at now

@DeBruyneKev on the disallowed goal in #MCITOT: “What can he do? Should he chop his arm off and play without? They made this rule, it’s new, but when I saw the video, it’s impossible to take his arm away.

“There’s nothing he can do because Nicolas Otamendi is in front of him by 10cm and trying to head the ball. You can’t react in that space and amount of time. Make it clear - handball both sides.”

BernardoCSilva: “It's never easy when you score and it's disallowed, especially because we went out of the Champions League because of a situation like this. Rules are rules and we have to accept. The ball hits his hand but come on, do you want to cut his arm [off]?”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.