Has our fan base become spoilt?

I think expectations have changed and now with every point being so critical it results in increased stresses and heightened emotions.

I did ok for large parts of last season but as the season reached its crescendo its almost impossible to go to the game to actually enjoy the game of football without worrying about a myriad of possible consequences.

I completely ruined the end of season for myself as I was ill the last week of the season, dragging myself to both the Brighton game and Watford Cup Final rather than savouring both occasions.

Seems a long time since I went to a match and just enjoyed the game fir the game itself. So yes we are probably more sensitised but that comes with the territory.

On page one of this forum, we have the following threads;

1. Is the game bent?
2. VAR debate 2019/20
3. Seasoncard for sale (because of VAR)
4. Request a bet: VAR to disallow a City goal
5. Will VAR lead to increased football violence
6. Is it time for SKY to ban Gary Neville from commentating on City games?
7. VAR impact and consequence log
8. Jesus offside goal vs West Ham - explanation in the Mail
9. Did you celebrate?

We’ve drawn a game at home to a top 4 team because of a rule change that we were crying out for this time last year.

The Rodri challenge was a penalty but we’ve been denied a thousand penalties before without the hysteria that we’ve seen in the last 24 hours on here.

So the question is - has success turned our fans into a load of fannies?
Number 3 is the thread I started and you have got the reason wrong.

I’m sick of the organised cheating and corruption that is going on in the Premier League and VAR is just the latest way they are achieving it.

1. Is the game bent?
2. VAR debate 2019/20
9. Did you celebrate?

We’ve drawn a game at home to a top 4 team because of a rule change that we were crying out for this time last year.

The Rodri challenge was a penalty but we’ve been denied a thousand penalties before without the hysteria that we’ve seen in the last 24 hours on here.

What has VAR got to do with being spoilt?

I would still be saying its wank even it benefited us, as I have been doing for the past two years.

Last edited:
Number 3 is the thread I started and you have got the reason wrong.

I’m sick of the organised cheating and corruption that is going on in the Premier League and VAR is just the latest way they are achieving it.
Read your opening post again where you state that the last two matches against Spurs have been spoilt by VAR and it has ruined you and your daughters’ day.

In reply to the poster who asked what the title has to do with the opening post, I believe that SOME of our fans are gaining a sense of entitlement. The Gary Neville ban thread is one example. He was laughing in much the same way as Hugo Lloris was yesterday - because they couldn’t believe what was going on.

1. Is the game bent?
2. VAR debate 2019/20
9. Did you celebrate?

Crying out for what rule change? Nobody I go to the game with was/is. And I mean NOBODY.

1. Is the game bent?
2. VAR debate 2019/20
9. Did you celebrate?

8 out of 9 things on your list are VAR-related. Fuck all to do with success and everything to do with the utter fucking nonsense that VAR is and will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.