Has our fan base become spoilt?

Read your opening post again where you state that the last two matches against Spurs have been spoilt by VAR and it has ruined you and your daughters’ day.

In reply to the poster who asked what the title has to do with the opening post, I believe that SOME of our fans are gaining a sense of entitlement. The Gary Neville ban thread is one example. He was laughing in much the same way as Hugo Lloris was yesterday - because they couldn’t believe what was going on.

It was utterly laughable as it's a total Fucken joke; laughter quickly turns to disappointment and anger when you are on the receiving end though

On page one of this forum, we have the following threads;

1. Is the game bent?
2. VAR debate 2019/20
3. Seasoncard for sale (because of VAR)
4. Request a bet: VAR to disallow a City goal
5. Will VAR lead to increased football violence
6. Is it time for SKY to ban Gary Neville from commentating on City games?
7. VAR impact and consequence log
8. Jesus offside goal vs West Ham - explanation in the Mail
9. Did you celebrate?

We’ve drawn a game at home to a top 4 team because of a rule change that we were crying out for this time last year.

The Rodri challenge was a penalty but we’ve been denied a thousand penalties before without the hysteria that we’ve seen in the last 24 hours on here.

So the question is - has success turned our fans into a load of fannies?
City fans care about the result. That's all

1. Is the game bent?
2. VAR debate 2019/20
9. Did you celebrate?

We’ve drawn a game at home to a top 4 team because of a rule change that we were crying out for this time last year.

The Rodri challenge was a penalty but we’ve been denied a thousand penalties before without the hysteria that we’ve seen in the last 24 hours on here.

City fans getting angry suggests City are not spoilt. Spoilt is when you no longer care

1. Is the game bent?
2. VAR debate 2019/20
9. Did you celebrate?

I wanted VAR, but not this pound shop, delay-prone unreliable version. See my comments about the grab on Laporte's arm a second or so before the handball. We were screwed. To me, the question is 'Is the defender allowed to grab Laporte's arm with impunity ?' It was a sly grab, it was quick, but a grab all the same.

I wanted VAR, but not this pound shop, delay-prone unreliable version. See my comments about the grab on Laporte's arm a second or so before the handball. We were screwed. To me, the question is 'Is the defender allowed to grab Laporte's arm with impunity ?' It was a sly grab, it was quick, but a grab all the same.

Spot on. If it takes almost two minutes for Graham Cross sat staring at a screen miles away, looking at the goal from every angle, to call handball, then he MUST spot the tug on Laporte s arm, however slight it was. We all saw it on replays so he must have. This was done to stop him reaching the ball and it achieved it's aim. It slowed his momentum down and altered his balance. So the goal should have stood on that basis. If asked to explain afterwards the fa could say, "Yes we saw the accidental handball but it was the var team's view that the tug on the player's arm, however slight, contributed to it happening, therefore we allowed the goal to stand." Correct decision and easily explainable.

We are not spoilt, we just want fair treatment. Many of us before the season started called that var was open to interpretation and corruption. We feared it would be used as a tool to halt our momentum and aid our rivals. Yesterday just proved that for many. That decision and the one to not award a clear penalty has cost us two points and we now play catch up already with Liverpool. Until I see it rule out vital decisions for them I will believe it is being used against us.

This ridiculous handball rule needs to be scrapped. I agree in a non penalty for a ball being blasted at a player from close range, but for a goal, unless a player deliberately uses his hand to put the ball in the net, or slides it in using his hand like Boly or Aguero last season then it's a goal.

The offside rule needs altering to rule out disallowing goals on millimetres. The impetus should go with the attacker and it has to be clear daylight between the last defender and the attacker, not a hand, toe or nose. In the stadium we need a clear voice announcement "Var review" on contentious decisions so we, the important match going fans who provide the atmosphere and sell the product worldwide know what the fuck is happening.

It should be an aid and good for the game but at the moment it is anything but.

It's basically the biggest rule change in most of our life times other than maybe the pass back rule. People are going to discuss it.

No.

And I think this thread is an unnecessary as the others. What do you hope to achieve with this post? Other than one upping posters by showing what a mindful and zen football fan you are?

I think people are entitled to post their opinions and with the internet being the home of “post first and think later” and with literally anyone being able to post you’re always bound to see the worst of the fanbase.

And let’s be honest, the only thing that’s got better since our days in the shit is the caliber of people in the club itself. Everything else has gotten worse; Media treatment, perceived reffing (overall I think we can agree he game moves to fast for 3 humans), Uefa.
I think people have every right to have a moan about what’s going on.

There seems to have been a little upsurge lately in quite pointless and ridiculous threads and this one is no different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.