Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

Well thete was certainly violence yesterday must have seen 5 or 6 punch ups in a short space of time near where they let the away fans out on Ashton rd,
Don't why they let the spurs fans out at the same time it doesn't need a rocket scientist to work out there was going to he bother

Sign of the times, the country is full of angry pissed-off people, angry people lash out. Wont be on the same scale as the 70s/80s, the average age is about double now, the cost of being a fan to blame for that. Even so, similar incidents cannot be ruled out.
Nobody wants violence back, but the potential for it has never been higher imo,

What a bizarre thread. People that want to be violent don’t need an excuse and anybody that thinks a contentious football decision is a legitimate reason to start scrapping with a random person in the stands or in the street has something seriously wrong with them. it’s scum being scum, blaming it on a var decision is beyond ridiculous and belongs on the same level as Trump blaming gun violence on video games.

We should have been out of sight by half time. Profligate finishing was the problem - which we got away with last year
Correct, its so easy to blame something else, but our finishing yesterday was poor, Bernardo and Gundogan missed absolute sitters, KdB several times took the wrong option, Aguero blocked a goal bound shot, and that's before you talk about the league 2 defending that cost us 2 goals.

Yes we played some fantastic football, nobody is denying that, we made spurs look quite poor, even their fans said this and how lucky they were, but we were the masters of our own downfall.

Seriously the only VAR decision that we can argue with is the penalty we didn't get, the handball is the fault of the new law, not VAR. Until the rule changed that goal is never disallowed VAR or not. I get the irony that it was precisely the same thing happening to us in the CL last year that is responsible for the rule change, but that isn't VAR's fault either, its the rule makers.

I'm not a great fan of VAR, its got quite a number of faults as it is, but football is about scoring goals, and not conceding them, and on both counts yesterday, we weren't good enough, no matter how good our football was.

Anyway this thread is not to argue about VAR, its about whether it will cause increased trouble, and the answer is sadly yes, because some idiots can't help themselves, it'll probably even cause blue on blue incidents, never mind between different clubs fans.

Are stories about this Spur's fan being thrown into the canal fact or fiction? I only ask as I am surprised the media haven't been all over it if true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.