Seasoncard for sale

As gutted as I was and to be honest still am 2 days later I have to remind myself that the football this team plays is well beyond anyone else and is a privilege to watch, I don't think even var can stop us again this year.

VAR does not guarantee 100% correct decisions and even if it did the price in terms of lost excitement is not worth paying.

It either improves, gets abandoned or people will stop going.

So ten games then ?? You should post on here you throwing away your season ticket :). If your actually serious
I'm deadly serious.

Why the fk do I want to spend 12 hours a day, for 90 minutes of football that may or may not be decided on the whim of a guy sat in an office 200 miles away, who can't even make the correct decision, in the face of overwhelming evidence?

Not far off my thoughts, to summarise
1) even with the new handball law, i'm not convinced (as was mentioned on talkshite this morning), that the rule was even broken.
2) i am yet to see conclusive (photographic) proof , that the ball even hit Laporte's arm, on Gundogan's instagram post it looked more like it hit Skip's arm!
3) even if it did hit Laporte's arm, what about the arm and shirt pulling by Skip? It they wan't to disallow goal, should have been a penalty
4) again as mentioned on radio this morning, treating defenders and attackers differently, is simply unfair and WRONG, and more pertinently as we have the ball, and attack about 4 times as much as most opponents, stands to reason we are 4 times more likely to have a goal disallowed
5) Even if all 4 of the above did not apply, i simply don't like the new handball rule, much as the powers that be think otherwise, you have to take intent into account, as De Bruyne says Laporte literally had nowhere else to put his arm
6) The Rodri penalty was clear and obvious, how Oliver missed it, or thought it wasn't beggars belief.
7) There has been suggestions that the officials should be miked up, a bit like in rugby, however i believe this "leaked" transcript of the conversation between Oliver & Scott, explains why they won't let that happen. "Is there any reason i can't award a goal? Can you please check, and if you can't find one, can you please go back and check again, as i really don't want to award the goal, i'm struggling here, can you PLEASE find something?"
8) The ruling out of Jesus' winner on Saturday, was like crime in a multi-storey car park.............................WRONG on so many different levels!!
9) I will admit, that the first thing i said to my mate, coming out of the ground on Saturday was, i don't want to sound like a spoilt brat, but if it carries on like this, if they don't do something about it, i will seriously consider seeing this season out, and not renewing my seasoncard. Yes i will still watch City's games on TV, and as far as i am concerned i will still support them, as i have done for bang on 50 years from 130 miles away. Our current team and football is amazing, i don't even think it is possible to be any better, but the enjoyment has gone at a stroke, the whole match going experience has changed forever. I didn't even cheer our first 2 goals, (let alone the 3rd), couldn't accept we had scored until Spurs kicked off again, and it was too late by then, when the 3rd went in everybody around was celebrating wildly, i just stood there waiting / expecting them to strike it off.
It literally has changed beyond belief, and if you can no longer enjoy it, what is the point, not withstanding c£100 a time

Last edited:
Jesus wept, when we're picking up the the premiership trophy come the end of the season, will you really be cancelling your season ticket.....Not a chance and you know you won't. Its change, I don't like it as it's not been to positive for us, but we'll get used to it.

The fun is when it happens to other teams, can't wait.....

Chin up blues.

Personally can't wait for the next game, shame its away as I don't stand much chance of getti ng tickets. I don't expect that whover is selected to play will come out still sulking.

I'm deadly serious.

Why the fk do I want to spend 12 hours a day, for 90 minutes of football that may or may not be decided on the whim of a guy sat in an office 200 miles away, who can't even make the correct decision, in the face of overwhelming evidence?

Why the fk you say??.

Because if you are a true supporter of Manchester City and love the club then you certainly don't give up and turn your back on them after two games. It's not a whim of some VAR guy 200 miles away and the wrong decision...it's actually the correct decision but only because it is based on the new handball rule which is a complete and utter farce.

The eagerness of so many City fans to give up on their team after just a couple of games is really strange. Of course, we were all sickened when the realisation set in that a great victory had been taken away from us. But we are now watching the best football ever seen in the PL and are able to see and give our support to some of the best players in the world playing for City every week. I doubt we will ever be in a better position footballing wise than we are right now.

No to me VAR was still at fault, even in slow motion it wasn't entirely clear whether it went from the defenders arm onto LaPorte. So how many camera angles did they use to determine it only touched LaPorte? I am also told that if it had touched the defender first it wouldn't have been a penalty, is this part of the daft rule?
Apparently if a defender accidentally handballs it in the box it's not a penalty... only the attacker is penalised... bullshit if true

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.