Gary Neville

I don't have any issues with Neville to be honest, he is pretty fair and doesn't really ever go on about 'money etc'. Personally, I thought he felt sorry for the fans in the stadium on thew weekend after the goal.

Tyler on the other hand, is a bit of a wanker.

The vast majority of commentators on Sky, BT and ITV are shite - I rarely put the volume on for that reason.

I only saw the post match discussion, and I thought Neville was fair and honest.
and clearly thought that City had every right to complain.

Original thread title was 'Should Sky ban Neville from commentating on City games?' before some busy fucker changed it.

Apart from the fact that he started laughing when our goal was disallowed and is United through and through, the most important example of his bias yesterday was when Sterling brought down Walker-Pieters (I think) and as soon as he went down, Neville piped up with his usual "that's a tactical foul!" for which Sterling was harshly booked.

2 minutes later, Ndombele brought down De Bruyne 20 yards closer to goal. Neville said nothing and Ndombele wasn't booked despite the foul.

Sterling's was a tactical foul (or professional foul to use the correct wording). He made no attempt to play the ball, he simply wanted to stop Walker-Pieters from breaking and rightly got a yellow card for it. Nothing harsh about it.

Ndombele made a genuine attempt to win the ball, in my opinion. It was a shit attempt, but I think De Bruyne is capable of making most players look shit. You could argue that he deserved a yellow card for dangerous play, but not for a professional/tactical foul, as he tried winning the ball.

Oliver made plenty of mistakes on Saturday, but I think he got these two right.

ive stopped watching any football at all on tv unless its city and I cant get to the game, I find tis way I can watch football how I want rather than listen to the utter pre match / game plan garbage that the pundits say. If it is city playing I don't switch the channel on until the lads are just about to KO, often I turn the volume down during the game as I really don't want to listen to the pundits who are 90% bias.

I started watching football on tv in the 70s, at that time it was good commentary not opinions. Over the decades for some reason the bbc and others seem to think we are interested in former Liverpool players or untied players view. I certainly am not and it has put me off the game.

Neville isn't the best but not the worse either, he compliments david & bernardo all the time and admires how we pass, perhaps jealous as his red team cant play the way he would like them to.

Sterling's was a tactical foul (or professional foul to use the correct wording). He made no attempt to play the ball, he simply wanted to stop Walker-Pieters from breaking and rightly got a yellow card for it. Nothing harsh about it.

Ndombele made a genuine attempt to win the ball, in my opinion. It was a shit attempt, but I think De Bruyne is capable of making most players look shit. You could argue that he deserved a yellow card for dangerous play, but not for a professional/tactical foul, as he tried winning the ball.

Oliver made plenty of mistakes on Saturday, but I think he got these two right.

Ndombele brought down De Bruyne when it would have been about 4 City players against 2 Spurs players and about 25 yards away from the goal. He was nowhere near the ball and made a deliberate, tactical decision to slide tackle because if he would have stayed on his feet, De Bruyne would have gone past him and we had a very good chance to score with the players we had breaking. Like Moura's in the second half, it was the very essence of a tactical foul. Bringing someone down with your legs rather than your arms doesn't make it any less of a tactical foul.

The only difference between Ndombele's and Sterling's is that Sterling committed the foul double the distance from goal than Ndombele did and we had a few more men back than Spurs did in the Ndombele situation. Yet only one of them got booked.

Hated him and as a player, loathed him in fact.

But to be honest, I quite like him now and find his commentary pretty good. Maybe I'm not hearing what others hear, but for me anyway, I have no problem with it.

I find Andy Hinchcliffe worse to be honest. Sometimes it's hard to believe he's a blue.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.