Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

Not Var Related.
Three lads stood at the back of SS3 for 90 mins hurling anti semitic abuse at the spurs fans, I wouldn't mind they were on the other side of the stand so no chance of them hearing anything. They were absolutely fuckin hammered, That's the worst I've heard for a long time and I hope a fair few folk will have reported them today, as I have already, vile bastards.

Was talking to a Rag yesterday who was gloating about VAR fucking us up

I told him then that VAR will cause massive problems this year and imagine if the Rags were denied a last minute goal against the dippers and how they would feel and the shit storm it would cause in and outside the ground

Fans are passionate and the passion can spill over to anger which VAR causes as it feels unjust

I have the (mis)fortune of my seat being directly next to the away fans in the top tier of the South Stand and once the 'goal' was disallowed anyone could tell that it was going to go off outside the ground. The Spurs fans ballooning giving it the large one was to be expected but the clamouring to get over the segregation and throwing of punches in the general direction of any City fan near them wasnt.

Im 35 now and go with my lad so the kicking off with opposition fans is not high up on my agenda but I can completely understand why it went off ouside the away end especially with the amount of goading that was clearly going on, VAR will only make this a more regular occurence, mark my words.

NB. It did give me slight pleasure to see 1 of the Spurs fans that threw a punch towards me in the ground on his arse outside

I’m glad you mentioned this. In the post match thread (when tempers were at their highest!) many argued with me when I stated it will happen to all attacking teams including the scousers. There is no bias shown with this new hand ball rule but the “clear and obvious error” loophole used for pen decisions is still open to “bad decisions” (corruption!)

The problem with what you have just said is that an example like our handball yesterday would never be picked up unless you stop the footage and zoom in. So it could go by unnoticed. We have to trust the VAR operators are not bent and will flag for all similar events.. (trust the guys that don't flag stone walls).

Not Var Related.
Three lads stood at the back of SS3 for 90 mins hurling anti semitic abuse at the spurs fans, I wouldn't mind they were on the other side of the stand so no chance of them hearing anything. They were absolutely fuckin hammered, That's the worst I've heard for a long time and I hope a fair few folk will have reported them today, as I have already, vile bastards.

That's wrong was it right near to the away fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.