Var debate 2019/20

Regarding Refs I'm starting to change my opinion on what role they should play. In the past I thought a good ref should not be noticed and the likes of Clattenbourg were a scourge. But now I'm wondering if the best way forward is to embrace them becoming personalities. Let them take center stage in showing that they are fair minded, that evidence supports that they get more right than wrong, that if they are famous or well paid professionals that it doesn't corrupt or distract them, that there is no bias, etc.

I say this because (like I posted earlier) I think there stats should be publicly published. And in that case they might prefer to face any criticism straight on in the public domain.

The game is changing and maybe the referees need to significantly change. Profit based on consistent metrics showing they are excellent at their profession, be able to move to leagues the want the best referees globally available, open to the fact that they get some things wrong but they are assisted by technology to limit this as much as possible, free to publicly state their opinions on the rules of the game (backed up again by their track record of fairness), etc. Maybe if they went public it would all become more transparent.

And then when that's all done maybe the shadowy characters in the PL and FA can come forward and show how they can be trusted. I have a dream....

When questioned about it, the ref was pointing to his earpiece & shrugging his shoulders. I can only take that to mean, 'No one's pointed it out to me mate'.

There was an arm around Rodri's neck.

There was contact with his legs.

The opposition player fell the fuck on top of Rodri.

With VAR in operation, on what planet isn't that a fuckin penalty?

Did they ask himto tell the VAR men in the box to have look at it? Or was he the Referee of our game waiting for someone in a box to point out it was a penalty? If this is how Mike “the wanker” Riley want to run Var he wants Sacking the Bent C@NT.

Just watched Ref watch on sky sports with that **** Dermot Gallagher. Said the rule was brought in as a result of 3 incidents last season Boly for wolves against us, Aguero against Arsenal and Nathan Redmond.

I don't recall the Nathan Redmond one but I am assuming that it was similar to Boly and Aguero in that as a direct consequence of the handball a goal was scored.

The Law 12 display that Sky were showing stated
~ the following handball situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick
~ the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player's hand/arm

Quite simple really because that is exactly what happened last season with Boly, Aguero and Redmond, the ball went into the goal after touching their hand/arm.

The Sky display was wrong (or at least ,ambiguous), Law 12 includes "scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm" . Sky's paraphrase might be read to mean 'any attacking player's hand/arm' and the Law does not say that .

Part of the problem is the casual approach to what the law says and the way it has been paraphrased. Pundits on MotD even appeared to accept the Sky version and extend it to all attacking players.

It's about chalking off goals,that seems to be the sole aim and less penalties given,no wonder we are getting hit the hardest,almost as if it was designed just for us.....
I think at the end of the season the stats will show that we will have had the most goals chalked off, simply because we create far more chances than any other team.

Sorry for my late reply back, I was told to stop posting on BM and do some work. When it is your missus telling you, well you have to do as you are told ! …….. I realise that the Bernie foul would not be VAR'd and this is the VAR thread (One of many !) I asked because you are teetering on the edge of the agenda conspiracy whereas I an full blown into it. There is no legitimate way that a referee can see that as anything other than a foul for City. When I saw it from the Colin Bell stand the linesman flagged first and then dipstick blew. I thought and everyone around me thought he had blown for a foul FOR City. Other than a bias/agenda I cannot see any legitimate reason why the two idiots thought that wasn't the case. Even if they hadn't given it I would have accepted it but to give it against Berne it is simply bent.
Hard to disagree with any of that. I only say ‘sympathetic’ as there’s no actual proof of corruption. I do agree though the only way you could give Spurs the free kick in that situation is if you’re blind or cheating.

The bile and vitriol being posted over a correct decision is staggering . I'm reading about pitch invasions because a decision went against us ? What's next ? Assaulting the ref ?

You'll end up costing us more than 2 correctly ruled out points . You'll get us point deductions and stadium bans . That's really going to help . People suggesting this nonsense are a disgrace to the genuine lover of the game . We've been through far worse than a disallowed goal and come through it . Show a bit of class.
So you joined up yesterday with that name to slag blues off,hmm

i think VAR can work but only in the right circumstances and im sure their would be no complaints if say we scored a goal which the camera found their was a fowl prior to the goal, what i dont like is this so called panel of experts looking at this,we have no idea who or even where they are,we have no idea if they lean to one team or the other with favoritism,the more people that are involved with the decision making then the more the chances for corruption
If we get called offside because a chicken interferes with play in an offside position it really will be time to quit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.