Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Too entitled is bollocks,this is literally nothing to do with that,i have a saying,a healthy mind questions everything,no other team has had this crap 2 weeks running so we have the right to complain,the more we complain the more it gets picked up in the media and whoever is using var to screw teams over gets a message,they need to rethink the rules and not just say it's here so suck it up which is what you are saying,when they stop experimenting on us and we see it being applied to every team then the better,they is not a chance in hell off that rugby tackle not being given to salad,mane or rashford,we are the dominant team so lets be anal about the odd mm or it maybe hiting an arm,if you want to roll over and take it then thats your right
Hmmm not sure the media would take any notice of our complaints, seriously how do we make the authorities take notice of the obvious unfairness of Saturday. Do all 45000 of us write and complain to the same body? Who/

Watched it back again earlier for 2nd time.

We made them, a CL finalist, look like a bottom 6 side.

We are fucking colossal.

Completely outplayed us. Amazed you managed to concede that tame Lamela shot and from a corner - which we are horrific at usually.

KDB is something else. Gives me a sinking feeling every time he gets the ball in the attacking third. He seems so consistent. I'm a Spurs fan so see things through a different light of course and watch most City games (just not when fixtures clash). Have seen a lot of hate given to Kyle Walker-Peters for the first goal. It was the lads 10th league appearance at age 22 against a side that attacked us as good as I have seen anyone. The ball from KDB, and the header from Sterling was pretty amazing - a world class goal.

You lot probably should have been 4-0 up from the chances created, though I would say those 4 goals should have come from other chances missed rather than converting something so special which you cant 'expect'.

City are the best team in Europe with the exception of Barcelona when Messi is doing his thing - but for consistency City appear far better than Barca to me.

As for Liverpool, I believe they were flattered last season getting away with all sorts that VAR would have stopped a lot of - likely squashing their momentum over the season.
Hate VAR all you want now, but I do believe it will be responsible for you lot finishing a good 15 points above Liverpool this season.

My view is that;
City are a 90-100 points team.
Liverpool are a 80-90 points team.
Spurs are a 75-85 points team.

You also have to remember that we aren't in the same place as City right now. It looks like Eriksen and possibly others might be leaving before the European transfer window closes, new arrivals that are not fit/ready to play, and big players missing (Dele, Vertonghen, Son and to a certain degree Kane). The massive difference between City and Spurs, is that when you have an outstanding player missing, it doesn't really make that much of a difference. Partly due to the personnel that come in as a direct replacement, but more so to do with the style of play and footballing ethos of a Pep side. I love Poch and our team - would love us to hang around giving the media cause to sell a 'title race', and believe we are capable of beating 14 other teams home and away.. but it almost certainly wont happen.

Through the 90s I had to put up with 'wanting' United to win the league because it basically prevented Arsenal from doing it while we were fighting for being in the top half. Now I of course have to be optimistic about our chances - but if it comes down to City preventing Chelsea or Liverpool winning the league while also playing some of the most fantastic football I have ever seen - you have my vote.

As for levels though - do you really want to walk the league and win it in March/April looking like Celtic or PSG? That's the way it could be going and I'm not entirely sure City fans would even want it that way? Isn't the passion and drama in football only prevalent due to the competition?

Hmmm not sure the media would take any notice of our complaints, seriously how do we make the authorities take notice of the obvious unfairness of Saturday. Do all 45000 of us write and complain to the same body? Who/
It was in all the papers yesterday and today,every pundit and journo thought we should have had a pen and how the rules on handball are fucked up,sunday supplement the same,they are taking notice alright

Too entitled is bollocks,this is literally nothing to do with that,i have a saying,a healthy mind questions everything,no other team has had this crap 2 weeks running so we have the right to complain,the more we complain the more it gets picked up in the media and whoever is using var to screw teams over gets a message,they need to rethink the rules and not just say it's here so suck it up which is what you are saying,when they stop experimenting on us and we see it being applied to every team then the better,they is not a chance in hell off that rugby tackle not being given to salad,mane or rashford,we are the dominant team so lets be anal about the odd mm or it maybe hiting an arm,if you want to roll over and take it then thats your right

and you are judging me ass someone who rolls over or doesnt question things...belive you me i do but im also not blinded by things and keep a completely open mind about all possibilities.....

I agree they need to re think the rules (especially the handball one and re word it/change it to make it clearer)

as other posters have pointed out we will suffer more due to the fact that we attack far more...there will be more offside decisions, more disallowed goals cause of the way we play...I notied you said in reply to that prevoously what about liverpool?...well have you watched their last two games...they have been no where near the attacking force they were last season at present......they had loads of possession at weekend but did very little with it in terms of creating clear cut chances where as we created at least 30 opportunites vs spurs....laws of averages say that becuase of that we will get pulled up more....

also you have to factor in human error (genuine human error) and also the absolute fact that two human beings can see the exact same thing but down to differing perspectives can come up with two slightly different versions of what happened....this is fact and does happen...hence different ref's will interprit very similar situations differently and that is genuine....

Now you ask, is there apossibility of corruption - of course there is...there is the slightly lesser worry (but equally impactful ) issue of genuine bias towards teams/players - that if it exists needs to be stamped out (corruption) but how do you take bias out of a person....its based around emotion(s) - now i know they dont let ref's do games for teams they are connected to in some way but lets put me or you in a refs position....could we genuinely ref any game in the prem league without a hint of bias knowing that a result could have some sort of impact on City.....I dont think i could....so how do you find these people as anyone who signs up to ref with have a love of the game...and will therefore probably ahve some sort of affiliation to a prem club or at least a sense of bias due to something....so whats the answer..?...foreign refs - again they will have a different perspective on rules (esp fouls etc).

Im not saying suck it up and that i dont want change but bitchin about it on a message board aint going to make that change happen....and what I cannt agree with is violence in the stands/at matches (m not saying you are suggesting this) - protest by all means but violence/pitch invasions etc just puts others at risk and NOTHING is worth shaming our club or putting people at risk for.

They aint just experimenting on us....VAR is present on all games and will review ALL goals no matter how they are scored......thats just paranoia

and you are judging me ass someone who rolls over or doesnt question things...belive you me i do but im also not blinded by things and keep a completely open mind about all possibilities.....

I agree they need to re think the rules (especially the handball one and re word it/change it to make it clearer)

as other posters have pointed out we will suffer more due to the fact that we attack far more...there will be more offside decisions, more disallowed goals cause of the way we play...I notied you said in reply to that prevoously what about liverpool?...well have you watched their last two games...they have been no where near the attacking force they were last season at present......they had loads of possession at weekend but did very little with it in terms of creating clear cut chances where as we created at least 30 opportunites vs spurs....laws of averages say that becuase of that we will get pulled up more....

also you have to factor in human error (genuine human error) and also the absolute fact that two human beings can see the exact same thing but down to differing perspectives can come up with two slightly different versions of what happened....this is fact and does happen...hence different ref's will interprit very similar situations differently and that is genuine....

Now you ask, is there apossibility of corruption - of course there is...there is the slightly lesser worry (but equally impactful ) issue of genuine bias towards teams/players - that if it exists needs to be stamped out (corruption) but how do you take bias out of a person....its based around emotion(s) - now i know they dont let ref's do games for teams they are connected to in some way but lets put me or you in a refs position....could we genuinely ref any game in the prem league without a hint of bias knowing that a result could have some sort of impact on City.....I dont think i could....so how do you find these people as anyone who signs up to ref with have a love of the game...and will therefore probably ahve some sort of affiliation to a prem club or at least a sense of bias due to something....so whats the answer..?...foreign refs - again they will have a different perspective on rules (esp fouls etc).

Im not saying suck it up and that i dont want change but bitchin about it on a message board aint going to make that change happen....and what I cannt agree with is violence in the stands/at matches (m not saying you are suggesting this) - protest by all means but violence/pitch invasions etc just puts others at risk and NOTHING is worth shaming our club or putting people at risk for.

They aint just experimenting on us....VAR is present on all games and will review ALL goals no matter how they are scored......thats just paranoia
It's not paranoid,in the round of 18 games,the rags play tonite,ours is the only one poured over to find something wrong with the goals,the reviews in the others games are over in seconds,ere are loads of instances every weekend going back forever but we have had it 2 games running? yeah right,the raz goal was the first time they had to use there fancy lines and show everyone what they can do and they were showing off,look at us we can find a mm to chalk it off,men and their toys and all that and by the way forums are for talking about the game

It's not paranoid,in the round of 18 games,the rags play tonite,ours is the only one poured over to find something wrong with the goals,the reviews in the others games are over in seconds,ere are loads of instances every weekend going back forever but we have had it 2 games running? yeah right,the raz goal was the first time they had to use there fancy lines and show everyone what they can do and they were showing off,look at us we can find a mm to chalk it off,men and their toys and all that

sorry but that whole post by you is the epitome of paranoia

Absolutely right, it's the sense of injustice.

We battered them and won 3-2, either with the last minute goal or the early penalty. Neither should have gone to VAR, or both should. We were cheated out of a deserved victory by a stupid system and dreadful (or corrupt) officiating.

They reckon VAR will improve things, but honestly I cannot see how. The way I see it, the opportunity for injustices like this are increased not diminised by VAR... not to mention it ruining the game.
Like I mentioned elsewhere, it was almost too easy for us - like a training session when the attempts at goal are casual. As casual as Liam Gallagher in a parka swaggering up to the ball with a fag in one hand and toe-banging it miles over the bar to make his mates laugh then turning round with arms in the air laughing. That's what our finishing was like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.