Var debate 2019/20

Another question. If the knew that VAR was being introduced why did they feel the need to change the rules regarding handball?

If VAR had been in operation last season then Boly's goal would have been disallowed as well as Aguero's third against Arsenal so why the need to change the laws.

A summary of what we were penalised for in one phrase: "If a player gains control or possession of the ball after it has hit his hand, and he then scores or creates a goalscoring opportunity, then this is an offence".

Laporte didn't gain control or possession of the ball, therefore there was no offence committed.

That would be the correct literal interpretation of how the law is written.

After seeing Dermot Gallagher's take on the penalty I can see that they want the on pitch referee to call the decisions, which makes sense. However when Oliver explains to the players that he didn't get a call from the video ref regarding the penalty then it is obvious that he wanted VAR to make the call. The rules according to Gallegher are that the on pitch ref calls it. I don't think the referee can possibly see everything that is going on in the penalty area when a corner is taking place so he should have help from VAR, the rule as it currently stands is bollocks. VAR is available, Oliver wanted them to call the penalty but the error was made in that VAR wanted Oliver to call it. We would all respect the refs more if they just apologised and said a mistake was made. All the players, pundits, staff and fans, even from other clubs know a mistake was made so the refs should change this now and admit their cock up.

What is also contentious is the speed of players running through attacking the ball as happened last week, the technology cannot be accurate enough to cope with this at present so surely its better for everyone if borderline decisions go with the attacking team as they have always supposed to have done. VAR can call this and I accept VAR isn't perfect but a couple of tweaks after these poor decisions and it would make the rule more clear for everyone. As for the handball by Laporte I'm not sure how this should be called, I feel sorry for Jesus having two goals ruled out in two games, after all strikers thrive on goals and it must affect him when he does nothing wrong but the goals he scores are wiped off the records.

I also still cannot believe the Sanchez foul on KdB wasn;t a yellow when he was running through their defence and yet Sterling was carded for a soft challenge at the halfway line....

Oliver is a bent fcuker he could of easily asked them about that rodri penalty decision but he chose to act like it nowt to do with me attitude!

Imagine this scenario: The attacking team takes a corner, the ball comes off a defenders arm (deemed unintentional) so no penalty given. The defending team them break the length of the field to score. Should that be given or should it be disallowed? Have they gained an advantage as a result of the handball?

Exactly this. For all those saying that the handball was correct, simple question. When can we score again ? Is it possible that Jesus could have started a 44 pass move like we did against the rags and the goal we score several minutes later will still be chalked of for the handball?

This, this, this and only this. How far back do these cheating bastards go before they can find the most minor infringement to justify chalking off a City goal? Half a minute, couple of minutes, three weeks, 1977...?

Fairly certain 93:20 would not have happened if VAR had been in use. That wee nudge in the back would have been deemed a vicious, unprovoked assault and the filth from Stretford crowned Champions.

Another question. If the knew that VAR was being introduced why did they feel the need to change the rules regarding handball?

If VAR had been in operation last season then Boly's goal would have been disallowed as well as Aguero's third against Arsenal so why the need to change the laws.

They changed it to absolute black or white! They cant say a goal should not given if a players a is away from his body? How far from his body 6 inches 12 inches? Saying any part of the arm means its absolute no argument. For me handball like that should only effect if its a direct goal!

They changed it to absolute black or white! They cant say a goal should not given if a players a is away from his body? How far from his body 6 inches 12 inches? Saying any part of the arm means its absolute no argument. For me handball like that should only effect if its a direct goal!
Well my wife thinks 3 inches is 6 inches ;) maybe she’s doing VAR and I don’t know about it

I think jesus created his own goal scoring opportunity as he still had a lot to do when he received the ball
The only other thing if the deflection on the ball took it to jesus and away from a defender hence causing an advantage
That's the way I interpret the rules
It did, I know we all hate it but it’s handball going off the current shit law, we should be up in arms more about the non penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.