Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

I remember going to a spurs v Doncaster rovers 1/4 final of the league cup in 1975, spurs won 7-2 against a 3rd div side, and you know what, spurs fans instead of going to pub they was bricking the rovers buses, and going to kings cross to fight with rovers fans who only took about 2k was shithoues then and still shithouses now.

Instead of posting this on twitter, she would have been better simply reporting it to the police and City.

But no, she has to go to the world. Now we are all classed as thugs, women beaters. Wait till we go spurs away. No doubt retribution will be attempted.

Why does everyone run to social media with videos or complaints. The likes are more important than getting to the truth.

What if it is made up, she has posted a picture of a lad, who might be innocent
I'm in block 114 and it was nasty from both sets of fans, police in the away section of 114 in the disabled section were using hand held video camera to film what was going on

Seems like she thinks she's important from her twitter feed....selling tickets for charity and being a tit whilst working in PR...great combo, not that I'm in ANY way condoning her getting hit but don't put yourself in that position.

The problem with what you have just said is that an example like our handball yesterday would never be picked up unless you stop the footage and zoom in. So it could go by unnoticed. We have to trust the VAR operators are not bent and will flag for all similar events.. (trust the guys that don't flag stone walls).
I suppose, but the media will look for this themselves (and social media) as they always do when looking for referee errors, VAR errors will create even more of a fuss. A fuss the VAR will dearly like to avoid, particularly during the infancy of its introduction.

I don't think I've ever walked out of a City game and witnessed such an 'angry' crowd. Pissed off with City … far too many times to mention … but pure anger at a late decision? Probably not.

Most people can channel that anger in the right direction … there are elements of our, and others, support who can't. I think VAR decisions, rightly or wrongly, will contribute to an increase in football related disorder.

Imagine how some supporters will react to missing out on a title, cup final or being relegated on the back of a call like yesterday's? It isn't right but it will happen as City/Spurs proved yesterday

Instead of posting this on twitter, she would have been better simply reporting it to the police and City.

But no, she has to go to the world. Now we are all classed as thugs, women beaters. Wait till we go spurs away. No doubt retribution will be attempted.

Why does everyone run to social media with videos or complaints. The likes are more important than getting to the truth.

What if it is made up, she has posted a picture of a lad, who might be innocent

Agree on the last point. None of what she said might actually be true and someone’s life could be ruined by this.

The spurs fans were awful and im not surprised a few got a smack - they actually really remind me of arsenal fans. I think they failed to realise that ours fans will fight back if goaded or started on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.