Away tickets

Bit like you're good self Ooooooops !!

Not really since I’ve barely missed a domestic game home or way for well over a decade. (I cut back on Europe last year). I was up front about cutting back this year with all you moaners. I didn’t need VAR to come along but I knew it would be shit for the match going fans.

I agree that there are tickets available. However, the blokes level of support suggests he's as loyal a fan as any other. Yet he would have absolutely zero chance of a Derby ticket and that seems unfair. Especially seeing as someone who has a few quid can buy a corporate season ticket and obtain a ticket regardless of how many seasons they've been a season ticket holder.
If he'd been as loyal a fan as any other he'd have 22k points or more. He hasn't because he clearly hasn't done the same number of aways, joined schemes etc that those with 22k+ have. There's a reason he's on 11k. There's a reason I'm on 18k and there's a reason some are on 24k. Different levels of loyalty = different points. I have zero chance of a derby ticket. That's 'cos I haven't done enough to garner the necessary points. I've done 83 away grounds with City plus several euro aways but I knocked the going to every single game on the head when my kids were born. I made a choice. It cost me points and a place at the top of the queue. But it was my choice. Just like his. I'm not as loyal as the 23k points holders. Neither is he.

I have a question for all the esteemed contributors to this thread?

I'm 21 years old (54 just turned), and been a blue since about 1970 ish. I've tried to write this a few times today but I usually ended up rambling on about my time going to City matches and the above and beyond. Thing is everyone has a story to tell, everyone can show their loyalty and they have done so willingly and when they could afford to. I've been a SC holder now since 95 and through necessity I've had to cut my cloth from joining all cup schemes to a few to none to one. Same with Platinum and gold. Moved stands to make life more affordable and raised a SC holding beautiful 22 year old daughter as a blue and financed her SC throughout. Doubtless when the time comes she will carry on the tradition of Blues in the family, thus ensuring continued revenue for the club for years to come. Obviously not as much as the Sheikh but hey every penny counts.

So to my long awaited question. I find myself through cut backs as necessary on 11k points and my daughter on 10k. There used to be a time that this was an advantage. However I'm now at an age where the Mrs doesn't want me around her feet in the house and I have done ok with money, so i have a bit spare. I think i might like to attend a few always but everytime I look my points are nowhere near enough to get one. So, can someone please tell me how someone like me who has dont his bit to support, been loyal through the dark and back and spent what he could and more (dont tell Mrs), gets hold of an away ticket? Europe, PL just so I can join the adventure of it again?

Reading this thread it becomes apparent to me that money and knowing people seems to show more loyalty and reward for these things than just being me and I ain't out of the ordinary like I said, everyone of us has a story to tell about their support of City.

As the kids say these days, Jus asking. Cheers
You made a choice not to go to certain matches; not to join schemes. There's a reason you're on 11k points. Re-join the cup schemes, pay for platinum like the 23k + point holders do and you'll start to get more points. And there are loads of aways that 11k will suffice. The derby, correctly, won't be one of them.

You made a choice not to go to certain matches; not to join schemes. There's a reason you're on 11k points. Re-join the cup schemes, pay for platinum like the 23k + point holders do and you'll start to get more points. And there are loads of aways that 11k will suffice. The derby, correctly, won't be one of them.

I think that’s true to for many of us to a greater or lesser extent. I prioritised managing and playing for weekend football teams during the mid 2000s when I knew my playing days were limited. It meant I missed out on the 6-1 and the Munich memorial games (short on points) but they were my choices.

I have a question for all the esteemed contributors to this thread?

I'm 21 years old (54 just turned), and been a blue since about 1970 ish. I've tried to write this a few times today but I usually ended up rambling on about my time going to City matches and the above and beyond. Thing is everyone has a story to tell, everyone can show their loyalty and they have done so willingly and when they could afford to. I've been a SC holder now since 95 and through necessity I've had to cut my cloth from joining all cup schemes to a few to none to one. Same with Platinum and gold. Moved stands to make life more affordable and raised a SC holding beautiful 22 year old daughter as a blue and financed her SC throughout. Doubtless when the time comes she will carry on the tradition of Blues in the family, thus ensuring continued revenue for the club for years to come. Obviously not as much as the Sheikh but hey every penny counts.

So to my long awaited question. I find myself through cut backs as necessary on 11k points and my daughter on 10k. There used to be a time that this was an advantage. However I'm now at an age where the Mrs doesn't want me around her feet in the house and I have done ok with money, so i have a bit spare. I think i might like to attend a few always but everytime I look my points are nowhere near enough to get one. So, can someone please tell me how someone like me who has dont his bit to support, been loyal through the dark and back and spent what he could and more (dont tell Mrs), gets hold of an away ticket? Europe, PL just so I can join the adventure of it again?

Reading this thread it becomes apparent to me that money and knowing people seems to show more loyalty and reward for these things than just being me and I ain't out of the ordinary like I said, everyone of us has a story to tell about their support of City.

As the kids say these days, Jus asking. Cheers

You can get a ticket for plenty of away games with those points. You won't get one for the derby of course or the smaller grounds like Bournemouth but then neither would I with 18.5k or so points

Not really since I’ve barely missed a domestic game home or way for well over a decade. (I cut back on Europe last year). I was up front about cutting back this year with all you moaners. I didn’t need VAR to come along but I knew it would be shit for the match going fans.
Because we have a different point of view to you about the points system,doesn't mean we are moaners.
I respect your right to defend the supporters club and the benefits it brings to you.
You should also respect the people who have accrued high points and the benefits it should bring to them.
The only difference is that the points group seem to be getting shafted at every opportunity and the supporters clubs dont

If he'd been as loyal a fan as any other he'd have 22k points or more. He hasn't because he clearly hasn't done the same number of aways, joined schemes etc that those with 22k+ have. There's a reason he's on 11k. There's a reason I'm on 18k and there's a reason some are on 24k. Different levels of loyalty = different points. I have zero chance of a derby ticket. That's 'cos I haven't done enough to garner the necessary points. I've done 83 away grounds with City plus several euro aways but I knocked the going to every single game on the head when my kids were born. I made a choice. It cost me points and a place at the top of the queue. But it was my choice. Just like his. I'm not as loyal as the 23k points holders. Neither is he.
Not necessarily different levels of loyalty. In many cases it’s just different levels of income.

Between me and my mates we range between around 12-18000. We’re all around the same age, all been Blues since kids, those of us on around 18000 aren’t any more loyal than those on 12000. We’ve just been able to afford to go to more games over the years than the others.

Then there are people like my Father who has probably been to double the amount of games than I have in his life, yet he’s on 9000 points. I’m not more loyal than my Father despite having double the amount of points. He gave up his seasoncard earlier this decade and now just goes to Cup games due to cost. But he was going for decades before I was.

If the points come down low enough, I’m going to go to Norwich away. But I’m no more deserving of that ticket than my Father is just because he has fewer points than me.

I know groups of people who share seasoncards. The points are only allocated to two names yet are shared between a group of 3 of my mates in one situation and a family of 6 (4 brothers and their Mam+Dad) in another situation. They use that was of going because it’s more affordable. They’ve all been going to City in that way for years. None of them are more loyal than I am just because I’m on a middling amount of points and one of those brothers doesn’t even have a supporter number and has 0 points yet still goes to 6-10 games a season because that’s what they can afford between them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily different levels of loyalty. In many cases it’s just different levels of income.
I agree with that, I have just under 22k points but 5 or 6 years ago I was probably in the top 200 or so on the points scheme and going to 90% of aways including European trips. Then my finances took a turn for the worse and since then I've done far fewer aways (only 7 last season including 3 Wembley trips) and gradually slipped down the pecking order points wise - not moaning about it, it's just a fact of life.

I agree with that, I have just under 22k points but 5 or 6 years ago I was probably in the top 200 or so on the points scheme and going to 90% of aways including European trips. Then my finances took a turn for the worse and since then I've done far fewer aways (only 7 last season including 3 Wembley trips) and gradually slipped down the pecking order points wise - not moaning about it, it's just a fact of life.
Indeed. But you’re not less loyal as a result.

I used to go everywhere in the 00s. Then some away tickets started creeping over £50 and I decided to boycott all away games that were over £50 and I too slipped down the pecking order.

Daft of me really because I thought everyone was going to do the same thing and drive prices back down again or get them capped but hardly anyone did boycott and they all just paid the prices. So I went from being able to get tickets for any game to only certain ones. And since last season only about 10 games came down to my points, and I’ll bet only half a dozen do this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.