Var debate 2019/20

David Elleray is Technical Director of IFAB He is primarily responsible for this nonsense Handball was changed to suit VAR allowing microscopic examination of a goal, this will lead to more goals, already 2 this season, being disallowed
The referees love VAR it’s provide a good income stream for retirement Neil Swarbrick Head of Implementation of VAR in the Premier League use to work at BAe Systems Warton bet he earns considerable more now
Thanks,Swarbrick was a terrible ref,it's beyond me how he got the gig,i'm not surprised he called what happened to rodders a dive,it's pointles him speaking each week as he will never say that an onfield ref got in wrong or that the handball rule benefits the defending team or they should look at the tech again,he might as well say nothing,i think we ned a song for him and david

Personally, I’m more sanguine about VAR than about some of the rule changes/interpretation.

The Rodri incident was patently a mistake but - like @Manchester1894 who is getting pelters - I’m prepared to give VAR more than a couple of matches before deciding it’s a backward step.

What pisses me off more is chalking off a goal because someone’s a finger-nail offside. As for Laporte’s “infringement” I still don’t see how that should be classed as handball. He didn’t create a goal-scoring opportunity FFS. Yes, one arose but it wasn’t teed up by him.

Time will tell.

Exactly, the clear signal from Oliver was that he hadn't seen anything and he hadn't been alerted to anything either. I wish the club would call out the clear contradiction from Swarbrick (who was a shit ref, BTW!).
Swarbrick said, I think, that there was contact but Oliver thought that Rodri fell forwards rather than backwards and that Rodri felt the contact and went down. Swarbrick said that the refs had been looking at contact. I think he meant that although there was contact there was not enough contact to warrant a fall. I suppose the worry is that another ref may not have the same understanding of body mechanics as Oliver and give a foul!

Premier League‏Verified account @premierleague

"Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season even if it is accidental."

That is what the Premier league Twitter posted, so are they ignoring the specific detailed guidelines by IFAB regarding handball?

On the official Premier League site it says the same thing....

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1263332?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

BUT at the bottom they direct you to read the new IFAB guidelines

See: IFAB handball law changes in full

Sooo, what the hell does that mean? Do the Premier league have different rules than IFAB? ie Any accidental handball scored or created is handball or is it lazily written and the specific guidelines of possession and control of the ball still stand that IFAB wrote and the Premier league gives a link to IFAB to read the detailed guidelines?

This HAS to be cleared up as it's night and day difference for what could be a goal or not a goal. Like what happened to us v Spurs.
This is a bit of a bombshell because it shows different advice from the Premier League compared to the IFAB rules. So it is clear that the claims made by Swarbrick that the VAR officials here are following IFAB guidelines is false. It looks like the FA and the referees have misinterpreted the IFAB guidelines and are applying the rules here differently to everywhere else with regard to handball. It's a good story for the media. Can anyone on here tweet this out?

I agree there is scope for ambiguity. The first line on the page on the Premier League Website says:-

The International Football Association Board (IFAB) has updated the Laws of the Game for the 2019/20 season.

And at the bottom the link says:-

See: IFAB handball law changes in full

So I would suggest that the rest of the page on the Premier League website is just a summary of the new IFAB rules which has been badly written and the real rules that should be referenced are the ones on the IFAB site.
But it looks like the VAR team have followed the FA's wrong interpretation of the proper IFAB rules and that's why the Jesus goal was disallowed.

This is a bit of a bombshell because it shows different advice from the Premier League compared to the IFAB rules. So it is clear that the claims made by Swarbrick that the VAR officials here are following IFAB guidelines is false. It looks like the FA and the referees have misinterpreted the IFAB guidelines and are applying the rules here differently to everywhere else with regard to handball. It's a good story for the media. Can anyone on here tweet this out?
Send it to martin samuels,he doesn't toe the journo line,also send it to PIGMOL and the premier league,send it to the club as well,no reason why we can't ask for clarification as to which rules they are following,i susect they have just made it up

Have I missed something here? I don't recall saying 40%, why have you made that up and now throwing a few expletives at me??
You didn’t, you tried justifying the reason(s) why we’re involved in more VAR incidents than anyone else. The statistics are that we have been involved in 40% (2 in 5, thats completely ignoring the “incorrect” Rodri penalty incident). Hence the question asking if we’d been involved of 40% of ALL chances created, we haven’t, I’ve already looked. That’s the only statistic that could have backed up your theory/reasoning.

So you’re theory/reasoning is complete and utter bollocks, your tin foil hat can duly sit right back where it belongs on top of your fucking head.

The expletives weren’t aimed at you at all so you can stop with that bullshit as well, they were purely to emphasis (just like in this post). Thank you and good day sir.

Send it to martin samuels,he doesn't toe the journo line,also send it to PIGMOL and the premier league,send it to the club as well,no reason why we can't ask for clarification as to which rules they are following,i susect they have just made it up
Can't find an up to date email for Samuels but Twitter would be better.

I don’t believe this, they’ve reviewed our 2nd goal and chalked that off now.... So we actually lost 2-1 on Saturday FFS!!

Furthermore, They’re also looking at the upcoming Bournemouth game on Sunday now, as they believe that our first 2 goals may be offside, handball, a foul and basically just unfair! So they have already sent off KDB and issued yellows to the remaining 10 on the field, plus everyone on the bench, along with one guy in the local pub who admitted he was from Burnage!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.