Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if it became RB Munich, playing in Red and White, then its not 1860 Munich anymore. Its not the club you've grown up supporting anymore. Success isn't worth that (to me).

I'm not denying City have bought success, but to this point at least I can accept the cost to the DNA of the club at which it has come, and how other clubs view us. It is still Manchester City FC. We still play in Sky Blue. We aren't the first club to benefit from a rich benefactor, but admittedly no one has previously had virtually unlimited wealth before.

Its largely the same supporters (with some new ones too), but the good times we're enjoying mean more to us because of the bad times we've endured. Equally, if the Sheikh decides he's had enough, and we become really, really shit (again) - I'll still go. I don't think that is true of the RBL fans, because they didn't grow up supporting them. There is nothing there if Red Bull pull out.

If RB had just sponsored the shirts of Lokomotiv or Chemie Leipzig, left the name, left the colours and the crest, then maybe most people might not have as strong views towards them. That wasn't enough for them.

You're viewing "legal stuff" as something that stopped them investing, but there is nothing that stops investment in the German regulations. They just wanted complete control, and no supporter intervention in decision making (so in theory the could move from Leipzig to another city).
Hoping to get to the Sarajevo derby at the end of November, and even if the football is s***, at least the fans should provide some entertainment.

Then why you have problems with RB Leipzig then. They didn't change anything. Just formed the club and brought it near the top. Where's problem there? There is a limit of a time period when club could be formed and it's closed shop now? They dared to form a football club, invest in it and use it as a tool to make money and cross-promote their businesses in 2010? They dared to compete in open economy society? Shame on them, really, it's atrocious thing to do. We need some FTP rules for that (Founding time period). It's a crime that they got fans after founding, unlike when older teams got fans after founding? We love history now too? They were creative and had one over Bundesliga moral champions with their naming of the club? What a shame. Never mind. I hope they win next 10 Bundesliga titles, just to make everyone mad.

I absolutely don't agree with anything rest though, as Bury would do pretty fine being called RB Bury FC on the paper, instead of Bury FC, than begging around for someone to save them. Or Bolton getting 2 letters in front of their name, instead going into administration. Big fucking deal, unless for some snowflakes who couldn't deal with fans from other clubs. Big fucking deal that, too. It's got nothing with modern football, it's something used worldwide in loads of different sports for many clubs to survive and for some to thrive. Just look at Italian basketball teams, they have that for decades and it never stpped them to be one of the best leagues in Europe, with packed arenas each game. It's only football fans acting like some high moral gods, while being the bigger ****s and problem makers than all other sports combined.

For Sarajevo derby. Hm, yeah, will probably finish 0:0, you'll feel some European atmosphere though. it's pretty safe one, they don't like each other but it's not too dangerous like in some other city derbies in this part of a world. Would never go to Belgrade one for example, as good old, non-modern football violence is almost guaranteed.

Last edited:
Each to their own. Never understand how anyone can follow/support more than one team. Maybe you'll find a third soon.
I support 2 teams, one is City, for 50 years, and the other a german team for 36 years from when I lived there, and I went home and away because I couldn't get to many City games any more. The two teams will probably never meet (they're not a top team), but in the extremely unlikely event they improve significantly and we did, I'd support City. I have a friend that supports the same 2 teams who is german, he goes to nearly every game in their league, but he also occasionally comes to watch City as well, and has been at quite a few of our european games, if we ever played each other he'd support his team. We chat every weekend about each others games, and have been friends for 20+ years. I follow a third team, because I have a relative playing for them, who I want to be successful.

I support 2 teams, one is City, for 50 years, and the other a german team for 36 years from when I lived there, and I went home and away because I couldn't get to many City games any more. The two teams will probably never meet (they're not a top team), but in the extremely unlikely event they improve significantly and we did, I'd support City. I have a friend that supports the same 2 teams who is german, he goes to nearly every game in their league, but he also occasionally comes to watch City as well, and has been at quite a few of our european games, if we ever played each other he'd support his team. We chat every weekend about each others games, and have been friends for 20+ years. I follow a third team, because I have a relative playing for them, who I want to be successful.

It's 2000 fucking 19th, the whole world one click away and people still think it's impossible to gain some emotions about football club not in your backyard. It's not 1900, ffs. Actually, if I wasn't sucked into City, I wouldn't watch football at all on TV as I'm getting too old to watch 22 people kicking football without me being remotely emotionally invested in it. It's like picking your nose in gloves. No fun at all.

If Velež and City ever met, I'd be Velež fan, though it would feel pretty awkward.

Any recommendations of who to go and watch? I’d like Union Berlin but would go anywhere aside from Bayern Munich or Red Bull Leipzig. The latter a shame as I’d like to see Ethan Ampadu.

It really depends on how you organize your trip in my opinion. If you stay in the "Ruhrpott" area you are pretty much guaranteed to pick up a couple of matches/grounds from the area as everything is literally cluttered with clubs (not just talking about Bundesliga, but Buli2 as well or even lower leagues).
Cologne, Gladbach, Leverkusen and Düsseldorf are right around the corner as well, so if you want to get in as many matches as possible then the Northwest of Germany is a good starting point.

I personally would skip Hoffenheim, Augsburg, Mainz, Paderborn, Leipzig, Wolfsburg unless you are a die hard fan and want to get the grounds ticket off.

Every other ground in the league should provide a great match day experience and it might be worth checking out the second division as well. Stuttgart, Nürnberg, Hamburg, St.Pauli are all great locations for a football trip.

I am obviously biased so I would always recommend a trip to Frankfurt, but outside of Frankfurt I think Cologne is great. Proper football ground, great atmosphere, city itself is great as well, easy to get to.
Not sure what the ticket situation is like though as they just got promoted again this year.

If I was 4 yrs old and became an RB fan that'd be absolutely fine as I'd grown up with them, they'd been my team from day one. . But anyone who purports to support one club then switch allegiance can do one. Like Nick fucking Hornby and his so called Arsenal Fever Pitch obsession. The **** went to watch Cambridge in his university years. You follow one team. End of.

I don’t see anything wrong with what Hornby did while at university.

If you’re a football fan, you want to watch football and as a student wouldn’t be able to afford the transport costs to London every other week.

Would you condemn Adrian Durham for standing on the Kippax, while at uni in Manchester, even though he’s a Peterborough supporter?

I don’t see anything wrong with what Hornby did while at university.

If you’re a football fan, you want to watch football and as a student wouldn’t be able to afford the transport costs to London every other week.

Would you condemn Adrian Durham for standing on the Kippax, while at uni in Manchester, even though he’s a Peterborough supporter?
Not my choice. I went to Portsmouth Poly for 4yrs and tried to get to as many City matches in the South as possible. The rest of the time I'd be glued to the radio awaiting updates on City. Didn't once cross my mind to go the 1/2 a mile to Fratton Park. I'd have had no interest whatsoever in the outcome. City 1st, 2nd, 3rd and beyond.

Not my choice. I went to Portsmouth Poly for 4yrs and tried to get to as many City matches in the South as possible. The rest of the time I'd be glued to the radio awaiting updates on City. Didn't once cross my mind to go the 1/2 a mile to Fratton Park. I'd have had no interest whatsoever in the outcome. City 1st, 2nd, 3rd and beyond.

Each to their own.

Some people just want to watch football. While I was at Potsdam Uni, I went to watch Hertha Berlin several times and Union Berlin vs. Eintracht Frankfurt.

There's nothing wrong whatsoever with going to watch another club if you can't see your own. Over the years you'll have found me at Hereford's Edgar Street, Upton Park and whatever Dagenham & Redbridge's ground is called (I've forgotten and can't be bothered to Google it.) I just like watching football live. Support another team? Not really. Watch another team? Yes.

City may not have been playing or I couldn't get up to Manchester. There's nothing else.

I want to avoid Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig but would consider anywhere else. Cologne sounds good. I hope there’s Currywurst?!

Düsseldorf was a bit disappointing for a March weekend away. It was too party (I was there during carnival) and, ironically, full of British tourists.

I want to avoid Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig but would consider anywhere else. Cologne sounds good. I hope there’s Currywurst?!

Düsseldorf was a bit disappointing for a March weekend away. It was too party (I was there during carnival) and, ironically, full of British tourists.
Dortmund’s match was amazing. Cologne is a really good town and we didn’t come across any English on our night out. The currywurst was amazing and we’re going back for three nights this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.