First City Goal You Saw Live

Blackpool at home , first season back in the top flight , so 66-67 season . Colin Bell scored and we won 1-0 . Loved the experience ( thanks uncle Phil ) . Loved the tangerine Blackpool shirts too .

Sylvain Distin.
White Hart Lane, east upper.
3 up at half time and he pulls one back.
Don't remember the rest of the game. My mind seems to have put on a block on the most traumatic memories.
In fact I barely remember the 90s happening.

9 Oct 1968.
Home to Arsenal on a Wednesday night.
I was 7 and a half and was taken to Maine Rd by my Salford Blue dad and witnessed Colin the king scoring in a 1-1 draw.
Don't remember much about the game other than people yelling from their seats and the smell of pipe tobacco and Bovril/Oxo.

Asa Hartford City 1 Ipswich 1 : This was when Ipswich were much better team under Bobby Robson . john Wark also missed a penalty, 1981-82 season i think.

Home 1988 to Oldham. Dad took me as we’re local to oldham. Yeah, cheers dad. 1-4 Oldham. Sure lake scored.
That was the day my wife went into labour with our first child, who is now 31 and a season ticket holder at City. Where have all them years gone. Roger Palmer came back to haunt us that day scoring a hat trick .

Paul Simpson or Paul Stewart (can't remember who scored first) beat Blackpool 2 - 1 FA Cup 1988.
That must hv bin ( the replay)after the crazy 1-1 draw at Bloomfield..Lake scored in the last seconds after a frenzied 18 man melee in the blackpool area,after our corner i think.Paul Moulden was credited with the goal at the tine..it only emerged later Lake got the final touch....fantastic day out...i didnt go the replay tho.

Rodney Marsh with a tap in that half of us had already started celebrating because Franny had done a Geoff Hurst off the underside of the bar or so we thought, against West Ham in 1972, the year we managed to spew the title by signing Rodney in the fist place. I was 7 at the time and sat on my dads’ back in the Kippax, I I picked 7 as my shirt number when I played footie through my school years as a result. Was lucky enough to go to Wembley in 74 v Wolves (cried all the way home) and 76 v Newcastle (drank shandy on the way home), and both games v Spurs in 81 (sat in St Johns after Spuds fans tryin to nick my tickets) and even in 86 v Chelsea in the Full Members,(took mi mum)
Happy days ;-)

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.