Anderlecht Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell Vinnie? Get your team together. So far its a horrible start for him.

Checked their start last season, and it was perfect, 4 games, 12 points for Anderlecht last year this period. Now 2 points from 12 with some better names signed and new manager plus Vinnie being a big plus as well.

Hope its not a Gary Neville at Valencia type of gig for Vinnie. That would kill his managerial career imo. Look at T. Henry who failed miserable at Monaco.

Next two games vs Genk and S. Liege who are two of the better Belgian clubs. Two losses would be ugly against those after last 4 games.

A terrible comparison with last year Damanino.

Because everything went wrong after that start last year you just mentioned. We barely became 6 th, with football ugly as hell, and players almost unwatchable as a footballfan.

We have to put these results in the right context.

The team on the pitch this weekend, had only 1 player, that played regularly last season, and he is only 18 years old.

Almost all other players are new, so the team has to grow some team chemistry.
Another thing thats making this start so hard, is the new system, thats not easy to implement in such short notice.
And also, the last games we played without a striker. Gerkens is a midfielder, and just rubish, should just start running marathons, and quit football.
Thelin is a striker with terrible feet. And Roofe is still injured.

Also Nasri and Chadli will need some more time.
Experiments with a defensive midfielder as a left winger (Kayembe) because of injuries this weekend failed terribly. And Vince also wasent flawless in last game.
We also got an incredebly light penalty against for the 1-1 that made everything collaps, and didnt get a penalty we realy derserved because we already got one. So you can say, the last 4 games, we really had some bad luck. And all these games could have been won by us, with a little more lick, and moreimportantly, a striker.

Last edited:
Noticed Vinny has been catching some heat over being away for the international break and ...well they have a point. His bad start magnifies it but if he's going to manage (and play for a) club maybe it should be a full time job and he should retire from international football? It's completely bizarre to think of any manager just away for international breaks. It also didn't take a genius to think that maybe now wouldn't be the best time for his testimonial.

Noticed Vinny has been catching some heat over being away for the international break and ...well they have a point. His bad start magnifies it but if he's going to manage (and play for a) club maybe it should be a full time job and he should retire from international football? It's completely bizarre to think of any manager just away for international breaks. It also didn't take a genius to think that maybe now wouldn't be the best time for his testimonial.

I think it's fair criticism given the start he's had. Had he won 4 on the bounce people wouldn't have a problem.

I am surprised he hasn't retired from International football regardless though.

valid perhaps but doesn't need (nor does Vinny deserve) the sensationalist "Kompany thinks he's God" line, but his point about manager being away fro the international break is irrefutable, and I thought at the time September was an odd time for a testimonial

If Vinny is 100% committed to Anderlect he should have retired from the National team.

Simply impossible to do both and not fair to his new employers.

If Vinny is 100% committed to Anderlect he should have retired from the National team.

Simply impossible to do both and not fair to his new employers.
Or his new players! Being a player/manager is always going to be like threading a needle (I personally think it's a bad idea), but if it's going to work this seems like a pretty easy call.

Being a player-manager is always a gamble and I think Vinny has let his heart rule his head. I hope he turns it round but I honestly think he should have worked his way up from a coaching role at City. This is the route most of the best managers take, like Pep did at Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.