Var debate 2019/20

I think it speaks volumes that IFAB who have been heavily criticised in many quarters for their new handball rules have actually not said anything in public. All the comments have come from the referees and VAR group. When you actually read the new IFAB rules most of them seem totally reasonable. Something has gone wrong in the FA briefing. I get the feeling a log of buck-passing is going on. It is frustrating that it takes someone like Duncan Castles to raise this because the rest of the media can't do their job properly.

We already know that the PL are intentionally not applying all of the IFAB rules. For example, the use of VAR when the GK moves off his line at a penalty. Is this another case where the PL has adopted its own interpretation?

You know what I just noticed?

On the official premier league highlights, they don't show var. Act like it's never happened if the call stands.

You tell me...

I'm also calling out SKY being privy and sharing with the watching home audience before the crowd inside the stadium get to learn of goal decisions.

Regardless of five or ten seconds, it is open to online betting fraud.

There was a time where crooks in the City were using software which was able skim off trades in milliseconds between shares purchases and trades.

Mic these ****s up.

Betting will be suspended leading up to these incidents.
TV also has a delay of several seconds compared with being at the ground, but regardless I don't think online betting scams are the issue with VAR.

I think that VAR is here to stay. I don't think it would be fair on English clubs to not be using VAR in the Premier League, but then having to adapt in Europe. The fact that decisions are different between the competitions seems nonsensical to me.

In 10-15 years, the way the technology is implemented now will look like the stone age. Pull out of VAR now and it will never improve. Ultimately the goal is to make correct decisions - which will reduce corruptions room to manoeuvre.

The sad shame is that in football, and all all sport or anything where outcomes can be manipulated - will be exploited for financial gain at any opportunity.
I do believe VAR is on the side of reducing corruption and wrong decisions long term.

So it seems that Swarbrick, who is the Head of the VAR team does not understand the rules which his body have introduced, or is blatantly lying to cover up for the the failing
( deliberately or inadvertently ) of Micheal Oliver to react to the incident involving Rodri .

How are supporters possibly expected to have any confidence in the lawmakers or enforcers of the rules which clubs are expected to perform ?

The cynic within me is inclined to believe that both organisations are totally inept at best or corrupt in the way they manage the game.

So it seems that Swarbrick, who is the Head of the VAR team does not understand the rules which his body have introduced, or is blatantly lying to cover up for the the failing
( deliberately or inadvertently ) of Micheal Oliver to react to the incident involving Rodri .

How are supporters possibly expected to have any confidence in the lawmakers or enforcers of the rules which clubs are expected to perform ?

The cynic within me is inclined to believe that both organisations are totally inept at best or corrupt in the way they manage the game.
Clear cover up . Meaning they lied because they are corrupt.

IFAB have commented on it and said they’re not changing the law (and are by extension saying they’re happy with the interpretation the PL is using for it)
What was their exact statement? They don't need to change the law because the wording is clear. How do you know they are happy with the FA's interpretation which bears no resemblance to the IFAB wording?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.