Seasoncard for sale

It might be a penalty but it won't be stone wall. If the ball is knocked on to a hand by the player in question or a nearby player then it isn't a free-kick (or penalty if inside the box), so in effect there is no change to what we already had. If the defender deliberately handles it's a penalty but if the attacker flicks the ball up onto a defender and his arms are in a natural position it won't be. What they're saying in the incident at the weekend is if the ball had hit the defender and not Laporte it would not have been a penalty because the defender hasn't intentionally handled.

the thing is it has to be a pen because the player and fans will be up in arms with the new rulings on handball ?? its stopping a chance to score just like laporte helping city and jesus scoring you can not have 2 rules because for defending or strikers it has to be clear ??

in europe under fifa/uefa laws, its set out clear to both teams any sort of handball is now a foul in or outside the box or anywhere on the field its simple, so what your saying is the officials can still deem it advantage gain or not ?? so why punish a player when the ball flicks onto his arm when clearly no movement was made to handball it, also would that have been a pen to city if the spurs player had handball it i don't think so ??

you have to have the new rules in black or white ?? no middle ground written in just like in europe or its going to be crazy ?? you have to take it out or review the rules and giving back the doubt or intent, how can the slightest touch or just a flick and its taking away any advantage to the striker and open to foul play by the referee who is under pressure from the bigger clubs to not give it

VAR is clearly not working with the new handball rules, players don't like it managers don't like it and fans hate it, was we all sold down the river with VAR and its clear and obvious mistakes by the referee's, the game needs that little bit of doubt still in it and the fans will still have a talking point

the thing is it has to be a pen because the player and fans will be up in arms with the new rulings on handball ?? its stopping a chance to score just like laporte helping city and jesus scoring you can not have 2 rules because for defending or strikers it has to be clear ??

in europe under fifa/uefa laws, its set out clear to both teams any sort of handball is now a foul in or outside the box or anywhere on the field its simple, so what your saying is the officials can still deem it advantage gain or not ?? so why punish a player when the ball flicks onto his arm when clearly no movement was made to handball it, also would that have been a pen to city if the spurs player had handball it i don't think so ??

you have to have the new rules in black or white ?? no middle ground written in just like in europe or its going to be crazy ?? you have to take it out or review the rules and giving back the doubt or intent, how can the slightest touch or just a flick and its taking away any advantage to the striker and open to foul play by the referee who is under pressure from the bigger clubs to not give it

VAR is clearly not working with the new handball rules, players don't like it managers don't like it and fans hate it, was we all sold down the river with VAR and its clear and obvious mistakes by the referee's, the game needs that little bit of doubt still in it and the fans will still have a talking point
There's a caveat in the rules whereby accidental handball which happens after the ball comes off an opposing player will NOT be deemed a free-kick or penalty unless the referee deems it non-accidental.

Another way of looking at this problem which I have just thought about is to view it as two examples.

1) If the defender accidentally handles the ball and it isn't spotted but it leads to a clearance, denying the attacking team a chance to score, there is no method of VAR being called into play. The offence occurs but the defending team benefit.
2) If the attacker accidentally handles the ball and it leads to a goal, VAR is automatically called upon and the offence is spotted. The offence occurs, the ruling will be applied and the defending team benefit.

Either way the defending team benefit and it is a problem caused by VAR not just the handball rule.

So instead of celebrating when City score you'd be happier to celebrate a non goal by any other team?

Mate, I think you know that wasn't my point, but it will be mint when other teams score and the goal is are ruled out through VAR, I'll be cheering plenty and so will you...unless you'd be happy for then to score, oh my god, you're a rag.... (^;

Only joking....

I will pay double that to shut this thread down .... It could be merged with a dozen other threads talking about VAR, handball, fouls, etc etc etc .... :-( :::::::::

hahaha mod moaning

i thinks its a great point the lad is making and i bet many more fans from premier league clubs will feel the same because it is daft ?? match going fans are being used and not being give the information like the tv fans are getting, its a easy fix by the EPL to show everything on the tv screens even have talking by the VAR officials played over the PA system

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.