Manchester Dogs Home,Harpurhey.

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
Just completed my first morning as a volunteer dog walker at the dogs home.
First dog was a white staffie type dog,(named Bruno)who appeared to be very rotund and was wheezing and panting on our 40 minute walk around Moston Vale.
He was quickly followed by Frank,who was a Wire Haired Jack Russell Terrier . A lovely friendly dog who dragged me around The Vale for almost an hour.
We passed other volunteers walking other dogs ,both large and small,both dogs and walkers all seemed to enjoy themselves.
A very pleasant and useful way to spend 5/6 hours per week,now that I am retired from the daily grind.
I can see myself falling for one of these pooches and eventually adopting a suitable one from them.

Just completed my first morning as a volunteer dog walker at the dogs home.
First dog was a white staffie type dog,(named Bruno)who appeared to be very rotund and was wheezing and panting on our 40 minute walk around Moston Vale.
He was quickly followed by Frank,who was a Wire Haired Jack Russell Terrier . A lovely friendly dog who dragged me around The Vale for almost an hour.
We passed other volunteers walking other dogs ,both large and small,both dogs and walkers all seemed to enjoy themselves.
A very pleasant and useful way to spend 5/6 hours per week,now that I am retired from the daily grind.
I can see myself falling for one of these pooches and eventually adopting a suitable one from them.

Well done mate. Great thing to do. I adopted 2 rescue dogs. One of the best things I've ever done. Bring me hours of pleasure.

Always support the dogs home, had some sad times there when we used the individual cremation service they also have on site..

If anyone wants to support the dogs home a friend of mine is running the Manchester half marathon to raise money, in memory of a big big blue who is much missed...

if Ric said it was ok i'll paste their just giving page link in here..

edit - in fact i'm going to put it in, i know it can be taken out later if not allowed.

But it's raising money for the dogs home in memory of their dad who was a big blue
https://www.justgiving.com/fundrais...ingpage&utm_source=Twitter&utm_term=GgzapNYQ3

Last edited:
Always support the dogs home, had some sad times there when we used the individual cremation service they also have on site..

If anyone wants to support the dogs home a friend of mine is running the Manchester half marathon to raise money, in memory of a big big blue who is much missed...

if Ric said it was ok i'll paste their just giving page link in here..
They walked us past the Crematorium as part of the induction. And also where the fire was 5/6 years ago. That part of the complex has been left empty intentionally,although they are thinking of turning it into a play area for dogs.
The full time staff (mainly young women) work really hard. Cleaning dog shit out of dozens and dozens of kennels is not the most glamorous of jobs,but each dog has a spotlessly clean kennel at some point each day.
And plenty of food and water.
Apparently it costs £1million per year to run the place.
The dogs home is 1 year older than City,they had their 125 year birthday last year.(formed in 1893).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.