Vincent Kompany testimonial

I wont say anymore than I have Im afraid, its bugged me ever since and its took a lot for me to post now tbh as I should have been grateful for being taken.Maybe others who were on the trip will disagree with me.

He wasnt on his own, a lot of the players really couldnt be arsed with the fans on that trip.

Sergio and Zabba excluded.

Good to read that about those two

Interesting to read that. ‘They’ say never meet your heroes, and that sounds like an example of the reason why.
I had what sounds like a similar experience when I spent a brief time in close proximity to a rock musician who I really admired, loved his music, lyrics, etc, but after my experience was left a bit deflated - ‘heroes’ have just the same mixture of strengths and weaknesses are the rest of us don’t they?!

Thats a very fair point, I think that they are so detached from us now as fans that its probably to be expected.Still hurt though. I hope I wouldnt be the same but you never know.

Thats a very fair point, I think that they are so detached from us now as fans that its probably to be expected.Still hurt though. I hope I wouldnt be the same but you never know.
True, they are, and some of that is not their doing, to be fair.

I met Kompany once, at an official fan event in city centre a decent while ago, and he had plenty of time for me and others in attendance after the event had finished.

That said, his openness to those sorts of events could have changed since, and perhaps he is now not as fond of the rigours of always needing to be seen as the ‘Captain’, even when the cameras are off. Or he could have just been having a bad few days when you were near him. Or he really could just be disingenuous and always has been.

At any rate, he has given most of his career to our club and has brought us success beyond my (and many blues’) wildest dreams.

For that alone, I will gladly see him off with my thanks, admiration, and money toward his charity.

I wont say anymore than I have Im afraid, its bugged me ever since and its took a lot for me to post now tbh as I should have been grateful for being taken.Maybe others who were on the trip will disagree with me.

He wasnt on his own, a lot of the players really couldnt be arsed with the fans on that trip.

Sergio and Zabba excluded.
Hardly surprised by the news that a footballer is a dickhead really so this doesn't really change much for me personally, but I gave up hope of celebrities / sports people acting like normal folks years ago and have been pretty cynical ever since. Vinny's made me very happy on the pitch over the years and has been the captain of a team I've been able to take pride in after years of being bullied at school because I supported "Shitty City", reckon I can part with some cash to go wave goodbye and have a laugh at Balotelli.

I wont be going.

Love Kompany as a player but saw him at close quarters on a City trip to Abu Dhabi when the cameras were not on him and have to be honest was gutted. Was the worst thing I ever did going on that trip, I think hes a self publicist.

I know this wont be popular but its how I feel. Will send my entrance money to a homeless charity though.

Maybe he got out of bed on the wrong side? Only human after all

It was the same when I met David Jason, what an absolute **** that man is, still love Delboy though.... only fools and horses for courses, I guess (:

I wont be going.

Love Kompany as a player but saw him at close quarters on a City trip to Abu Dhabi when the cameras were not on him and have to be honest was gutted. Was the worst thing I ever did going on that trip, I think hes a self publicist.

I know this wont be popular but its how I feel. Will send my entrance money to a homeless charity though.

Actually heard he can be quite...'awkward' too, and that he is very, very aware of his image. Don't doubt he's fundamentally a good bloke though and even if he is a bit like that it doesn't change the fact that he's a fucking legend and I love him loads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.