Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

Disney being a bit greedy here

At the minute Sony own Spiderman but under the present deal with disney to use Spidey in the MCU Sony give Disney 35M, 5% of any profits on the film and all merchandising rights.

They want that 5% increased to 50%
Yeah I’ve seen that, also the Venom tie-ins.

I wonder if Tom Holland will be kept on? I think he’s been a great Spider-Man.

Cheers for that; really wanted to see it. That David Duchovny series a while
back set in the same era - Aquarius - was really good, and I’ve wanted to see this, but comments like yours and a few others I’ve read are putting me off & making me think to wait and watch at home...
As crazy as this sounds, it's still worth seeing. There's some real good moments and for a 2hr40min film it's surprisingly engaging. Plus if you were about in the 60s there's a lot of fun references.

It's just a bit too pseudo-highbrow and un-Tarantino like for me to call it a classic. But I know a couple of people who loved it so you might be like them!

As crazy as this sounds, it's still worth seeing. There's some real good moments and for a 2hr40min film it's surprisingly engaging. Plus if you were about in the 60s there's a lot of fun references.

It's just a bit too pseudo-highbrow and un-Tarantino like for me to call it a classic. But I know a couple of people who loved it so you might be like them!

Haha, not sure if that’s complimentary or not ;-)
I liked the David Fincher film Zodiac, set in a similar time/location iirc, if you’ve seen that I wonder if it’s similar.
The turnaround for home viewing is so short these days, I’ll probably wait now anyway

I would be excited, (if I hadn’t already had to endure two underwhelming sequels already)

The matrix was overated in my opinion, decent first film next two were wank, never ever wanted to see the first one again after seeing it either.

Don't see the point of this 4th tbh

It's a difficult one, really.

I loved the first film, it had SO much potential and imagination for sequels.

The Wachowskis fooked the whole thing up by running out of ideas and being pressured to get the sequels out.

They put pressures on themselves, really.

Instead of allowing new entrants into 'The Matrix' they've gone back to the old sources.

This is not going to end well.

It's a difficult one, really.

I loved the first film, it had SO much potential and imagination for sequels.

The Wachowskis fooked the whole thing up by running out of ideas and being pressured to get the sequels out.

They put pressures on themselves, really.

Instead of allowing new entrants into 'The Matrix' they've gone back to the old sources.

This is not going to end well.

Well, the 5 plus hours of 2 & 3 combined were a real passion killer for the franchise although it’s ages since I saw them, but we live in hope ...

I've not watched the first one.
I find Keanu Reeves as wooden as an Oakland wardrobe.

Haha, indeed. I did like him in Point Break. As for the original Matrix, wooden was right for the role so it wasn’t a factor. And their was so much else going on, and the narrative had so much drive, and the concept was so intriguing it didn’t seem to matter.

Haha, indeed. I did like him in Point Break. As for the original Matrix, wooden was right for the role so it wasn’t a factor. And their was so much else going on, and the narrative had so much drive, and the concept was so intriguing it didn’t seem to matter.
Never seen it.
Never seen any of the bat man films or any of the current run of superhero films.
Total rubbish to me.
Lads at work go on about them . . .I just yawn and crack on.
Who would win in a fight between Captain America and Thor ?
Who knows or gives a fuck.
Grow up , you are 32.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.