Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Bundesliga but I’m off to Berlin in a couple of weeks and will be going to watch Dynamo Berlin. Great name but I think they are similar standard to Altrincham

I'd give your post a like, but decent beer and Düsseldorf in one sentence is a no-go for someone from Cologne as long as you don't speak about the Gaffel EigelStein Düsseldorf, where you get Gaffel-Kölsch (probably the only location where you can get Kölsch on tab there)
plan is to go cologne for the day so am reckoning on tasting some of the local beers ;-)

We
Not Bundesliga but I’m off to Berlin in a couple of weeks and will be going to watch Dynamo Berlin. Great name but I think they are similar standard to Altrincham
We played them last year, 1st round DFB-Cup, shame we didn't play at their place but at the Olympiastadion.

I'd give your post a like, but decent beer and Düsseldorf in one sentence is a no-go for someone from Cologne as long as you don't speak about the Gaffel EigelStein Düsseldorf, where you get Gaffel-Kölsch (probably the only location where you can get Kölsch on tab there)
What’s the crack with the local beer in Köln then? We wanted steins, the bar staff looked confused. We went back out on the night and saw people drinking from small, slim glasses. We were sort of told something that you get a small beer but it gets topped up once you’ve drank it. How do they keep up with who needs a top up?

I need clarity before my return!

To be fair, most pubs in England seemingly have Fosters, Carlsberg or Carling on draught. It doesn't take much to satisfy us.

What’s the crack with the local beer in Köln then? We wanted steins, the bar staff looked confused. We went back out on the night and saw people drinking from small, slim glasses. We were sort of told something that you get a small beer but it gets topped up once you’ve drank it. How do they keep up with who needs a top up?

I need clarity before my return!
That's just the way they serve it traditionally. The servers are always overly attentive and you'll have a full one in front of you before you've finished the first one (without ordering it).

I tend to end up drinking more when they're served in the small glasses than drinking pilsener in a stein. You tend to lose track of how much you've had and it doesn't feel like you're drinking much, but they mark the beer mat each time so they can keep track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.