Your ten "must see" places in England..

1. Not a big fan of the south of England, too flat for me, so my beloved North.
Climb any of the Yorkshire peaks, Pen y Gent, Whernside, Ingleborough or further south, Great Whernside (recently opened up) or Buckden pike. Or take the Pennine way from Hardraw towards Buttertubs. The rewards are stunning views and, weather permitting a great day out. Finish in the pub, of course.
2. Scafell pike. Not for the faint hearted.
3. Mam Tor, easy climb, stunning views.
4. Start at Dent Station, the highest in England. Visit Dent and walk Dentdale, then over the top towards Sedburgh. Wonderful view of the Howgills (Cumbrian mist permitting) and South lakeland.
5. Kinder Scout.. Beautiful place with beautiful history. Mass trespass led to countryside acts, ramblers assoc. and, eventually right to roam.
Ok, enough of my love of our northern hills. Go, enjoy.
You misspelled Howling Howgills ;-)

I need to get to some of these places.. I am looking for a decent motorhome at the minute to start exploring the UK but it seems to be a challenge.. I might need to wait till the "summer" is over (though a few dealers I have spoken to seem to suggest that in autumn / winter the market picks up)

Looking for a good 4 berth ( we only need 2) with an over-cab bed so SWMBO and I can spread out... Budget is £25k - £27k for the right motor if anybody knows of one... We like the Elddis "Majestic" 145 for info...

Sorry to hijack the thread or take it off topic...

Because I stayed there the other year and had a lovely time. Sat with a pint looking over the lake when all the tourists had fucked off and it was bliss. I should clarify, Watershead. That's what I meant.

I like it there. Not keen on Ambleside itself but that spot is nice.

Love Borough Market in London along with St James Park and Portobello Road.

Bloody ell Dave, we could be related pal. I grew up in Moston, went to Moston Lane and then Moston Brook, later moved to Rochdale so totally agree with Moston Lane, The Clough and the insane Parky who used to go mental when we swam to the island in the middle of the boating lake ;-)) Holly Lake was a particular favorite of mine and remember Saturday mornings running around it for school x-country, the early morning mist over the lake made it look earie and spectacular!!
Me too. Grew up on Moston Lane , my folks had the 'offy' on the corner of Gill Street. Learnt shop lifting in the indoor market and had the 'parky's' running in circles in the Clough.
Moved to Alky in Middleton and life was rarely the same after.
Good times

York City centre and Minster
Chester
Stonehenge
Norfolk Broads
Sandsend
Whitby
Etihad Stadium ( of course )
Blackpool Illuminations ( personal )
I.O.W. ( anywhere on the Island is like stepping back in time )
Whitstable ( see I.O.W. )
You can't put Sandsend over Runswick Bay, some 4 miles to the north. Dolphin pod in the Bay last week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.