Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you never even watched him. He has never been the fastest, what he need is the endurance to get up and down, and I've never heard of a ligament injury killing off fitness.

His defending has always been fine as well, his only issues come from being asked to play as an extra winger and defend at the same time. Ask him to defend, and he'll shut anyone out, like he did against Salah in both games he played against him.
He has been out for 2 seasons,i don't know why you would expect him to be the same player,he is still a big unit and out of tune with the team

He looks in great shape. Seems slimmer (caveat: not saying he was overweight) than when he last played.

If he played in a 3-5-2 with Ferna as a centre-half and Rodri in midfield, we would certainly be better equipped to defended corners and lofted free-kicks.

Looking forward to a fully fit Mendy being available , but he has has work cut out to take Zinchenko's place , if he had a Rag or Dipper shirt on his back he would be one of the most improved players in the Premier league over the last two seasons , he's been excellent , thank f*ck we didnt take Wolves £15m and all credit to the lad for showing the cahoonas to fight for his place

He looks really trim in those photos, definitely shed some weight from last season. From everything we've seen he seems to have taken this most recent recovery very seriously (as he should obviously), hopefully it works out this time.
Yes his Instagram has shown him working like a dog for the last couple of months. Can’t fault the lads effort in that respect.

He has been out for 2 seasons,i don't know why you would expect him to be the same player,he is still a big unit and out of tune with the team
To be fair to him he looks a lot trimmer in those training pics than he did last year when he tried to come back. Let’s hope the penny is finally dropping and he’s been working his ass of these last few weeks / months to really give himself a chance in this side. It’s shit or bust for him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.