Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Come on be a big boy. Give as good as you get and all that without going too far.
No he doesn't need to "give as good as you get", this is a City forum not a neutral one with "fair banter".

There's been some good and interesting points discussed on here since the weekend regarding rules, officials, VAR and such. On a Spurs forum I'm only going to see the perspective of Spurs fans, and sometimes it can be wise to look at both sides of an argument taking various factors into consideration that may not have otherwise been brought to your attention, before forming your own more considered opinion.
So stick to debating the subject, and not digging people out.

So is the anti City agenda coming from UEFA as well as the Premier League would you say?
Clearly UEFA have an issue with us, its been quite obvious for 10 years, well the old G14(17) do anyway, and they ruled UEFA until the ECA took over ruling UEFA, that same ECA that formed from the G17, suggest you look into some of the history.

UEFA/G17/G14 as it was don't want us winning their history trophy and have done pretty much all they can to deny us, and have been successful so far, I mean even you've made the final ;-)

Considering you're a guest on here, you're not doing yourself any favours, having a pop at some of our former players. Remember where you are. I wouldn't even contemplate going onto a Spurs forum and having a dig at, for instance, Roberts, or Archibald.

Was it Kane or Dele Alli who took a great whack at Kev's leg two seasons ago, when we tonked them at the Etihad? He went and scored immediately, so it was o.k. For the record, I was a bit amazed that Mario stayed on the pitch, but I can say that as a City fan, on the main City forum. Speaking as someone who very occasionally posts on two other clubs' forums (Arsenal Mania and KUMB), people should tread very gently. You're in someone else's house, MampiTHFC.

Last edited:
Wow exhausted reading your endless replies. You do without a shadow of a doubt put forward and opinion,option. The thing that galls most Simon is the two humans beings who seen the event differently are remarkably the two human beings who are officiating the game. Wow remarkable. Or maybe not. You see the whole agenda thing hasn’t started because VAR was introduced ( being a blue you’ll know this ) it’s been ongoing for a while now. The introduction of VAR was hopefully going to resolve some of the more dubious decisions that say, went against City. But no! It’s actually fucking worse and makes people even angrier. Just more fuel to add to the fire. They can actually review it a billion times and still, still get it wrong. Except for the two folk on the planet who see it differently. Then we actually have to listen to Swarprick come off with that shit, and like some other infallible being he’ll not even been questioned about it. Need the Spanish Inquisition here. I do see the point you’re making but I just can’t feel it, accept it, believe it. Most won’t either. The fact it was them again, just makes it hurt even more. Anyway really should’ve tanked them 4 or 5, and you know Simon. That makes it even more worse aghhhhhhhhh.

my remark about two human beings seeing the same incident yet having two different opinions/versions of it wasnt really related to the penalty incident....it was a general observation and information.

I know that there is also a lot of posters/fans who believe that there re a number of agendas at differnet levels .......do I think there is an agenda within the media - yes absolutely - if you are talking about corrupt then there is no one more guilty than the media (or politicians!!).....Is there an agenda within the higher levels of football to stop our progress...yes I belive there is motivaed by a number of factors....maintaining the status quo and also possibly racism

I agree on Swarbrick - trying to defend the defenceless - this just compunds the problem and the calls of corruption/cheating etc

Do i belive it filters down into/onto the pitch . on match day - no i dont

Oh so it's an international cartel working against City?
Are they just football fans that support all clubs except City, or more likely for financial gain?
I think the Champions League final is the biggest stage to be on in club football, and around the biggest stage you would expect this international cartel to operate - but wouldn't expect you to understand.

:P

We have had ten years on the trot in the Champs league , so we fulyl understand , your quite new to Champs league and wet behind the ears , but you will learn the ropes , if you can continue your annual struggle for the top four.

They got there before we did, so hardly new, even though they may have been in an out of it over the years since.

In the old format they were in it 7 or 8 years before us, reaching the SF on their first attempt, though it didn't come round again until 2010/11.

Being a City fan football was only invented in 2009 ;)

my remark about two human beings seeing the same incident yet having two different opinions/versions of it wasnt really related to the penalty incident....it was a general observation and information.

I know that there is also a lot of posters/fans who believe that there re a number of agendas at differnet levels .......do I think there is an agenda within the media - yes absolutely - if you are talking about corrupt then there is no one more guilty than the media (or politicians!!).....Is there an agenda within the higher levels of football to stop our progress...yes I belive there is motivaed by a number of factors....maintaining the status quo and also possibly racism

I agree on Swarbrick - trying to defend the defenceless - this just compunds the problem and the calls of corruption/cheating etc

Do i belive it filters down into/onto the pitch . on match day - no i dont
No mate I know your two human beings thing wasn’t specific but a generalisation, I Thought I’d use it in the literal sense to point out the irony of it. Those two were probably the only two human beings on the planet to view it as they did. Does it filter down? Can’t answer that, but I fail to see where officials get their super human ability to ignore mob rule like most other folk. I started to feel something wasn’t quite right about two seasons ago. Could ignore it no longer. If there’s a higher echelon that is out to stop or slow Manchester City’s progress, I fail to see how that wouldn’t filter to the subordinates of the game, the officials. I want to believe you, really I do, level playing field, fair rules, but it’s just not cricket. Something is rotten. Anyway, I appreciate your views and it’s not easy playing devils advocate, but I can’t stop this feeling there’s something very wrong. My boss ( a Leeds fan, my Dad god rest him was one ) walked into work Monday and his first words “ was VAR brought in to personally shaft Manchester City? It’s ridiculous!” Not sure if that makes me feel better or worse. Anyway enough. Night all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.