NC500 - Scotland road trip

Just got back last week. Didn’t complete it all did about 50% got as far as Durness...

Was excellent, roads were not that busy, but accommodation was booked out. And was one of the reasons we stopped at Durness. Rented a cottage in Lochinver for 4 days on the loch. Was very nice and my family want to do it properly next year and rent a motor home and just Potter about

I would certainly recommend trying it

Both my lads have done it in quick cars. My eldest has a cottage along the route as well and enjoys watching the precession of porches and lambo’s going past his door. Watch out for caravans that can be a menace, forget skin so soft and take military strength deer. It’s the only thing that keeps th3 little feckers at bay. Very good for a cheap skin peel as well. Book accommodation in advance.

I'm staying in Kinlochewe this Saturday so may bump into you! Climbing Beinn Eighe, my first experience on Torridon and can't wait. Really keen to hire a VW Transporter and do the NC500 one day.

Enjoy.
First experience of Torridon? You will love it mate. Are you staying at the Kinlochewe Hotel?

Sure am mate. Loved hill walking for a few years now but only really got into the Munros this year. Can't wait for it!
Completed in 2001 mate Munro number 2600. Took me 10 years driving up every month and never missing. Beinn Eighe is a brilliant peak especially if you walk in via Coire Mhic Fhearchair . Good luck and be safe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.