Var debate 2019/20

As I said in another thread to me it’s not the right or wrongs of the decision it’s the fact that it is ruining everything the game is about for me. I go to see goals and to celebrate

So imagine the greatest moment in our clubs recent history

Balotelli...... AGUEROOOOOOOO.......

We are now going to a VAR check.

Imagine that moment totally ruined by var irrespective of the outcome.

It’s shit

This shit again.

There wasn't a single thing in that play that could be reviewed, so why people keep trying to bring it up in this discussion is beyond me. it's akin to saying "let's check Kompany's goal vs Leicester" ffs.

Plenty of better ways to make your point pal.

This shit again.

There wasn't a single thing in that play that could be reviewed, so why people keep trying to bring it up in this discussion is beyond me. it's akin to saying "let's check Kompany's goal vs Leicester" ffs.

It’s not the point pal.

We are celebrating the spontaneous winning of a goal in in injury time and all of us know we then have to wait for a var check. Every goal is checked . We have no idea whether they will disallow it

Did you know that the goal on Saturday v Spurs was handball. No you didn’t and we I. The ground would not either . It would ruin the moment .

I will make any point I want to pal

Yes but if you as a fan get screwed do you just keep going ,feeding the system pretending things are just fine..?
There is a marked diffence from turning out in numbers home and away providing large vocal support from the terrace in the days when Football was a raw, passionate ,vocal, spectator experience ..and roaring the team on... to the mess which is the premier ship 'product' today.. I'd like our game back...snatched back from the US style video led dramatic histrionics which now characterize top level Football.
Please don't confuse support for our great club with support for the current system..there is a marked difference between the two,imo.
I withdrew my support for the system 3 years ago.No one can tell me im not a Blue.I cannot abide cheats and the game is full of them..and getting worse.
If our 'top referee' (lol)cannot see the most blatant penalty yards in front of him ..and has the audacity to tell the var official on his earpiece 'no penalty' then God help us all.

If ,as some posters have said. .he didnt see the incident clearly how come he over ruledVar?

If..he was taking advice and.. Var didn't think it was a pen....what's the point.?The game is dead.
100% with you , summed up perfectly.

This shit again.

So it wouldn’t ruin it for you. Good for you. I can tell you now it would for me. Id go mad for about 0.5 seconds then stop waiting for a goal check because believe me they’d check absolutely everything. 2 minutes later you could celebrate and it would still be immense but no where near as good. So for you to dismiss it as “this shit again” is a bit arrogant and patronising to be fair. It’s what most people think - just because you don’t doesn’t make it bollox

grief tim, have a go by all means but all of this post is miles wide of the mark

So what happened the World Cup? Is there a VAR from the NRL (who no doubt has been retrained and got football experience)?

Good grief. Our ref are shit mate.

Btw I bet the Aussie is probably the best of the bunch

So what happened the World Cup? Is there a VAR from the NRL (who no doubt has been retrained and got football experience)?

Good grief. Our ref are shit mate.

the world cup was quite simple, clattenburg quit leaving a place for an english ref in the elite group. atkinson was too old so not eligible, no other ref had the time to be promoted into the elite group in time to officiate at the tournament.

the aussie ref came from reffing football in Australia, not rugby

Especially, when our officials were already considered amongst the worst on the plant e.g. no ref at the Men’s World Cup.

Btw one of the VARs has come from Australia where I think he was a Rugby League ref. No doubt he’s done his conversion training

He might judge one of these controversial handballs as a knock-on.

the world cup was quite simple, clattenburg quit leaving a place for an english ref in the elite group. atkinson was too old so not eligible, no other ref had the time to be promoted into the elite group in time to officiate at the tournament.

That may well be one reason, but more likely that from PiGMOL's current bunch of incapable tossers that noboby was considered to be suitable .

From the current representatives of the PiGMOL clan, who do you consider has demonstrated their suitability to be promoted to the elite World Cup group - based upon their weekly performances in the PL ?

Oliver - who seems to be an " up and coming " favourite of their clan ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.