4 ROOT
5 POPE
6 STOKES
7 BAIRSTOW
8 RASHID
9 ARCHER
10 BROAD
11 ANDERSON

I wouldn’t be averse to seeing Sibley, Pope and Northeast in the side but Leach hasn’t done much wrong in his short test career.

Cant think why Stokes would even attempt to go for that shot with his bat so far from his body.Boycott is absolutely right although the likes of him Tavare and Atherton were always pilloried for their slow run rates .There is always a loose ball coming sooner or later and patience is a virtue few seem to possess nowadays

I remember watching that match saving knock from Atherton when he batted all day. It was test match batting at its finest.

Boycott had it right on 5live extra. He was saying when he was batting his first thought was always don’t get yourself out and wait for the bad balls even if it meant waiting a while.

He said kids are being coached to play 20/20 now and learn the reverse sweep before learning how to leave a ball. I watched the Stokes dismissal earlier and was scratching my head at the shot he played. In test matches that ball was a leave all day every day.

Add in the fact these players are millionaires from white ball cricket meaning they really are not that arsed about being all out for 67.

Especially either the comfort of a central contract behind them.

Hard to imagine Root remains captain after this series, his batting seems to have fallen off a cliff since taking over

Having played cricket at quite a good local level there is nothing worse as a bowler to see a batsman confidently leave a ball just outside off stump and returning to your mark to bowl again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.