Potholes

just had to have 4 new tyres - 2 had damaged side walls and 4 new alloys as 3 were cracked and 1 buckled - all due to pot holes. I've started driving like Miss Daisy. NOTE to self, don't get a car with 20" low profile alloys and run flats.

Meanwhile they're putting speedbumps on some of these road!! I drove down Whitchurch Road in Withington the other day. They had just installed new speed bumps on a road riddled with potholes. They should be repairing the potholes at the same time otherwise it's pointless having speed bumps on a road where the drivers already have enough obstacles to negotiate at low speed.
That is staggering in its stupidity , mind you I used the tram for the game Sunday so nothing surprises me anymore , never ever again .

Abbey Hey getting fully resurfaced atm, except about 6 streets including my street which everybody cuts throigh

Anyone successfully claimed against the council for damage to their wheels?
Just got knocked back by Stockport council after a loose grid shafted my alloys.
They claim the road was properly maintained and regularly checked.
Bollocks.

Anyone successfully claimed against the council for damage to their wheels?
Just got knocked back by Stockport council after a loose grid shafted my alloys.
They claim the road was properly maintained and regularly checked.
Bollocks.
I didn’t go for it in the end but should have when one of my shock absorbers broke on a pothole.

I have 4 curbed wheels, and have never (in this car) touched a curb. All from pothole damage - really pisses me off.

I live in South Manchester , a lot of money has been spent on road surface improvements .

A couple of years ago i heard a figure of 100m quoted .

What concerns me is what check is there by the council on the quality of work .

Whilst i have observed some of the work being carried out i have never noted any body who could be monitoring the work being carried out .

Does that mean in a small number of years we could be back where we started from

I would really like to know .

Yep, same here. Never buying low profiles again. Stupid decision.
Big wheels and low profile tyres are the most stupid fashion fad to have ever hit motoring.

Back in the day, people had 15 or 16 inch wheels on a large car. (13 or 14 on small cars like hatchbacks).

Then it was 17s, then 18s or 19s. Then 20s or even 21s or 22s. It's gone mad. My beemer has 20 inch wheels and the mrs' car has 21s. Bonkers.

It ruins the ride comfort, the rims cost a fortune, ditto the tyres, you get curbed rims from potholes and it does nothing to improve roadholding or performance. It's a silly fashion fad and nothing more.

Ever noticed what wheels look like on properly fast cars, e.g. F1? If they can run on tiny wheels there can be no conceivable advantage or reason for road cars to need massive ones. It's just stupid.

images

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.