Recent (-ish) City players you've never heard of

Ronnie Ekuland. Obviously I do know he played for us but seems incredulous that such a high profile player, ex-barcelona, had so little impact at the club. I sort of know he played for us but still have to check on wiki he did.

I was looking a City on the transfer history website a couple of weeks ago and apparently we signed an Eduard Abazi from Boavista in 95/96. I have no recollection of this at all.

I was in hospitality (true story).
My one and only time in a box at Maine Road was v Mansfield.... Friend of a friend invited me on the day otherwise i wouldn't have bothered.
There were 7 of us in the box at Platt Lane end and a geezer came in to do a count for the attendance... When announced as 3007 we laughed and declared ourselves as "the seven".

Last edited:
Bill Williams.....
Came on as sub v Ipswich at Portman Road.... Never played again.
Got special approval from the league to re-sign for Stockport..... Preferred being part time and a painter and decorater than a full time pro

There’s only one William Williams!

I think the phrase "never heard of" might not be the right one.

It would probably be more accurate to say, "forgotten about".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.