American Sports Teams

Most teams Detroit / Michigan. Tigers mainly, also the red wings and lions though never really taken to basketball even though when I was there the Pistons were the champions. Also love college football and the wolverines, so much more fun to watch than NFL.

I am not from America or any of its cities, never been to America, do not have any family in America and have no connections to the country nor any of its cities therefore I do not follow any of their sports teams.

As a teenager I did watch a lot of NBA basketball. Michael Jordan was the don of sports in the ’90s and used to really enjoy watching him play, but I still never felt the need to latch onto any of the teams.

I think it’s very false when people have no connection to a place or team for them to say they’re a supporter of them. A bit sad, in fact.

I couldn’t say I was a Detroit Pistons fan because I enjoyed watching Grant Hill and then walk out of my front door in Manchester Great Britain and breathe the Manchester air and have any semblance of a Detroiter, therefore have no right to be supporting them.

I think supporting your local sports teams represents you as a person more than supporting your county’s sports team. Nobody supports another country in sport so nobody should be supporting another city’s sports team neither.

You saying people can only support City if they live in Manchester?

Sounds like a very thinly veiled put down myself.

None
AF is wank,
baseball is wank,
basketball is wank,
lacrosse isn't wank but I have no idea where you would watch it
NYCFC I check the scores from time to time but the MLS is wank so lost interest about 2 years after we formed them.
Yanks love golf, but golf ain't a sport it's a hobby and it's wank
Hockey is better, on ice in Canada
Wank post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.