One way system for local roads.

urban genie

Is it time we looked at implememnting one way systwms on many minor roads in residential ares in Manchester.

Whu I ask is many of our streets l, especually terraved ones were build long before cars were considered and as such I daily watch cars, taxis and buses struggle to go up streets and roads when traffic is flowing both ways.

I liked in Jersey for a while 15 years ago and they had this system in place and it worked to good effect.

m18-8st.png

For example above near me you have a stretch of abbey hey lane from the top of jetson st to ashton old road which is was made ine way then capital road and jeston street from ashton old rod to abbey hey lane were one was the opposite direction the roads would be clear to flow and quickly and access to all side streets either way would still be possible

The buses did this a few years ago bit have changed back and get stuck waiting for oncoming traffic regulary

And you see it in other built up areas in Leve, longsight, moston etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.