American Sports Teams

You saying people can only support City if they live in Manchester?

Sounds like a very thinly veiled put down myself.
As well as anyone with any connection to the city or the club.

It’s not that they can’t, it’s got nowt to do with me what people do, but I just don’t understand it and think it’s weird. As I said, the town or city you’re from represents you more than your country does but people don’t support other national teams.

I would never dream of doing it myself for sports teams from other countries or cities I have no connection to. I don’t feel I have the right to if I have no real connection to them. Especially if it’s just because they want to latch onto a team that’s successful like all these sad Rags and Cultists from Plymouth or Putney or Philippines over the decades who wouldn’t be anywhere near a United or Liverpool shirt if those teams weren’t successful for prolonged periods of the 70s 80s 90s and 00s.

Have some pride in where you’re from and support the team from the place that represents you as a person. That way some of these places might have more successful teams as they have bigger fanbases or better leagues within their own country as larger spectator numbers sees that league thrive more.

Last edited by a moderator:
As well as anyone with any connection to the city or the club.

It’s not that they can’t, it’s got nowt to do with me what people do, but I just don’t understand it and think it’s weird. As I said, the town or city you’re from represents you more than your country does but people don’t support other national teams.

I would never dream of doing it myself for sports teams from other countries or cities I have no connection to. I don’t feel I have the right to if I have no real connection to them. Especially if it’s just because they want to latch onto a team that’s successful like all these sad Rags and Cultists from Plymouth or Putney or Philippines over the decades who wouldn’t be anywhere near a United or Liverpool shirt if those teams weren’t successful for prolonged periods of the 70s 80s 90s and 00s.

Have some pride in where you’re from and support the team from the place that represents you as a person. That way some of these places might have more successful teams as they have bigger fanbases or better leagues within their own country as larger spectator numbers sees that league thrive more.

Right, so in 1977 I toddle off to the local park for the first time and a group of lads are playing football 80% Man utd 20% Liverpool, being an obviously awkward child I choose City, I liked blue and also seemingly liked to be different, I have supported City all that time, obviously right through the worst period of time to be a City fan, 42 years of my life but you say it is weird and wrong and I should go and support Carlisle.

I'll tell you what, why don't you go fuck yourself you pontificating arsehole.

Right, so in 1977 I toddle off to the local park for the first time and a group of lads are playing football 80% Man utd 20% Liverpool, being an obviously awkward child I choose City, I liked blue and also seemingly liked to be different, I have supported City all that time, obviously right through the worst period of time to be a City fan, 42 years of my life but you say it is weird and wrong and I should go and support Carlisle.

I'll tell you what, why don't you go fuck yourself you pontificating arsehole.
“It’s got nowt to do with me what people do, I just don’t understand it”

Just my opinion fella. If we all thought the same the world would be boring.

Los Angeles (or Oakland or Las Vegas) Raiders
This is another one. I think it’s a disgrace to the local fans of sports clubs in America that the team that represents the city they’re from can be taken away from them and plonked in another city.

Part of the heart of the culture of that city has been ripped out of it. The long standing fans of that club who support their local team, fucked over! The city bereft of the sports club that once represented it and its people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asking for @Barcon . Does Moose fucking count as a sport or a pleasurable pastime?

;-)
Nowhere does it state that you cannot enjoy the sport you partake in. P.S, I think it’s only a sport if there’s a load of you on one moose and the moose fights back (unlike the whore moose’s they have in Idaho).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.