Alternative to Sky?

Bought a Humax refurb Freesat box with 1yr guarantee and it lasted 13 months, but the Sky boxes are still going after 5 years. I've heard the Humax boxes can be hit and miss but they are good when they work.
What do you get on them? Is it one of those you can get the sport channels on?

Bought a Humax refurb Freesat box with 1yr guarantee and it lasted 13 months, but the Sky boxes are still going after 5 years. I've heard the Humax boxes can be hit and miss but they are good when they work.
It is the image quality they pump out that attracts people to them i think. From what i can see those who will not tolerate anything but the crispest pic tend to go towards Humax. That is a shame about reliability though.

Sorry on the back of this thread...

What do I need to order if I want to split my aerial cable signal into two separate cables?

At the moment it just goes straight from the floor plug through a cable and into my TV. Now I’ve bought a recorder but it doesn’t support HD and my TV does with the inbuilt tuner. So I need a splitter of some sort and then two extra aerial cables I presume?

Sorry on the back of this thread...

What do I need to order if I want to split my aerial cable signal into two separate cables?

At the moment it just goes straight from the floor plug through a cable and into my TV. Now I’ve bought a recorder but it doesn’t support HD and my TV does with the inbuilt tuner. So I need a splitter of some sort and then two extra aerial cables I presume?

If is a freeview box then airial cable to box .. box to tv ... what connections do you have on the box? are they scart or hdmi... what connections do you have on the TV?

If is a freeview box then airial cable to box .. box to tv ... what connections do you have on the box? are they scart or hdmi... what connections do you have on the TV?

It's a TV tuner for the PS3 called PlayTV. It only has an ''in" aerial port and not an "out" one like the old VCRs used to have. So it's a dead end if you only have one aerial cable.

So I assume you can split it before it gets to those devices.

It's a TV tuner for the PS3 called PlayTV. It only has an ''in" aerial port and not an "out" one like the old VCRs used to have. So it's a dead end if you only have one aerial cable.

So I assume you can split it before it gets to those devices.

I used to have one of those for my ps3 you can only watch Freeview with that on your ps3. Or is it you need another Ariel feed to you tv that has freeview? If so you just need a Ariel splitter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.