Var debate 2019/20

In the United Palace game, I watched the last 5 mins and Martin Kelly put his shoulder in on Rasharse and barged the rag over. Never a shoulder charge, except possibly in the 1950s. Now the shoulder charge started outside the area but it only brought the player down in the area.
The one thing everyone wanted VAR for, to overturn crap penalty decisions isn't working as VAR simply won't overturn a refs decision, regardless of the evidence.

Oh FFS!!!

the ball fell to GJ directly from Laportes arm.....it created a chance
You may as well give up as those that think they broke their own rules ruling out the goal are never going to suddenly change their view now.

I think the law is an arse but according to the IFAB link, it was rightly ruled out. It won’t just happen to us though, I hope. I’m still fucking fuming about it though.

Eh? Ours was looked at, United’s were looked at (two of them), var didn’t overrule the ref in either game.

Var is shit but we don’t need to make stuff up about it.
Sorry pal. I didn't think they looked at it. I was at the match and went under ground for a few days after. It's even worse if they looked and didn't give it. BENT!

In the United Palace game, I watched the last 5 mins and Martin Kelly put his shoulder in on Rasharse and barged the rag over. Never a shoulder charge, except possibly in the 1950s. Now the shoulder charge started outside the area but it only brought the player down in the area.
The one thing everyone wanted VAR for, to overturn crap penalty decisions isn't working as VAR simply won't overturn a refs decision, regardless of the evidence.
Yep. They’ve set the bar (or threshold) so high now that they’ll never actually reach it.

Which is fine so long as it’s always now that high. It just means the ref is never going to be wrong so we needn’t get excited if there’s a stonewall pen missed by the ref and it goes to a check.

Sorry pal. I didn't think they looked at it. I was at the match and went under ground for a few days after. It's even worse if they looked and didn't give it. BENT!
Not bent, not a single penalty given or not given has been overturned in 25 matches in the PL so far.

There was consistency though, they didn't intervene in our one last week and they didn't intervene today either for two clear ones in the United game (or for Chelsea in their game either). The problem is it doesn't suit some of the narrative on here that is a bias issue when it isn't - it's a competence issue.
Exactly! The rules are there to be bent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.