Bolton (sold to Football Ventures)

Why not buy a player form them for£500.000
Even if he didn't play/sign for
Yeah my opinion is FK EM

Not arguing for or against "smaller" clubs being farm teams for "big" clubs but as you live in the States you might be aware that minor league baseball and hockey clubs can and often do have a good following in the town's in which they are located. Not all the teams are in small population areas either. Charlotte, NC, Buffalo, NY, Las Vegas, Memphis and Nashville TN have baseball teams. Charlotte, Cleveland OH, Providence, RI, Toronto and Milwaukee WI have hockey teams.

It gives locals a team to support and a chance to see up and coming talent that one day may be superstars. That being said, I haven't a clue if that would work in English football. I know some minor league baseball teams marketing departments work their arses off doing ballpark promotions in an effort to make sure fans come to games.
Yes am very familiar with minor baseball teams as I went to a lot of Tampa Yankee games when living in Florida - $4 a ticket and cheap IPA beers!
However, even though the Tampa Yankees (now renamed the Tampa Tarpons in a bid to attract non NY locals) are a NY Yankees feeder team, as most minor league teams are, they will never face a major league team or indeed become a major league team which is very different from City having Bury or whoever as a feeder team

Here lies the problem, if I put my business hat on a second.

I own Tesco. Nisa (Bolton) and Londis (Bury) are struggling, I am most certainly not going to gift, borrow or in any other way assist them as their customers and future customers will potentially come to me. In fact, I would love for ASDA (United) to go bust too and I’m working directly against them.

Football is now a business, we should most definitely not help them. If the government bail out banks and these football clubs are central to community (they are) then they should bail the clubs out to, either them or the FA. Probably in the form of an affordable loan interest free with shares and the aim of selling shares back to fans.

Certainly not City who should be doing it.

What a strange analogy.

I'd get rid of that business hat, it obviously isn't helping.

What a strange analogy.

I'd get rid of that business hat, it obviously isn't helping.

What’s strange about it? If there were no football clubs other than in the premier league, the clubs in the premier league clubs would ultimately make more money. The clubs in the premier league are generally business ran by business men. In what world do businesses help the competition survive? They don’t do they!

Oh how they laughed at us, mocked us when we were shit. Took the piss when the rags beat us as Jay Jay banged their goals in. While it is said to see a club go under on this one occasion I can honestly say...fuck them
The incident that made my blood boil at the time was when El-Hadji Diouf scored for Bolton and then ran along the full width of The North Stand with his hand cupping his ear. C**t of the first order. I for one will not shed a tear when they are relegated again.

I remember when we hit the woodwork about 7 times against them, then Dunney gave away a pen in the last few mins !
And the last game of the season in 2011 at the Reebok was a like a party for us, the week after we won the FA Cup, and we ended up joint runners up ;-)
As soon as Fat Sam left, they were f4cked, and it will be sad if either Bolton or Bury go, but it will make our shopping easier as it’s around the corner from us, haha.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.