United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking. Their back up LB and RB is still Ashley Young. And whatever we think of Lukaku to not replace him is just insane. And now they’re selling Sanchez.
Selling him?
They've got to pay a King's ransom to get Fucking rid of him, Inter look the likely one's but no way are they coughing up the thick end of half a million a week.

Daniel James is a diving little twerp no wonder He got booked for simulation ( irony is he was fouled ) didn’t take long to get a reputation !!!

Someone’s going to flatten him good and proper soon

Nice finish today but he’s actually not very good. Southampton/Watford level.

96a9f3d5b2c3a51b942bedac7503bf69.gif

I'm revisiting a conversation i had with a Rag around 2012. I could see what was happening concerning us, and i could see what effect it was having on them. Old red nose himself was changing they way they did things just to try and stop us. Suddenly the cups became more important to him (so we didn't win them), which meant the league games suffered.

I mentioned that a long period of domination by us, could end in a death spiral for them. I was quoted the oft mention phrase that they were "too big to fail".
My reasoning was that they "had" to keep being successful or the debts could swallow them up. That they relied to much on one person (GPC), and him leaving could leave a vacuum that couldn't be filled. Lastly, young supporters don't care about history, they just support whoever is successful at the time.

I didn't really think they could fail, but i have been enjoying these years of the "gift that keeps on giving".
Each year i keep thinking maybe the gift is going, only for it to resurface after a few games.
They have no short term plan. They have no long term plan. Their sponsorship income is dependent on success.

So "are" they too big to fail?

I really don’t see how they can blame Uncle Malc's boys, considering how much they have given their managers in the last six years.
Managerial appointments? Infrastructure issues? Lack of club direction and strategy? Lack of investment for many years until it was too late? Long may it continue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.