United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we joke and thrive on taking the piss out of the rags and their catastrophic fall from grace.

However, this is a serious question: " How far can they fall and how bad do you think it will get for them?"

The reason I ask is that I want to see the fu#kers relegated. The problem I've got is that despite their club's lack of ambition, vision and not having a scooby doo what it's doing, I can only see them languishing around 7th or 8th in the premier league over the next five to ten years. That will keep them just high enough in the league to convince their deluded minions they're one or two players away from being a top team.
TBH i think mid table is about as worse it will get for them,unless a major down tools from players happens even then relegation is not an option and cant see it happening, its hurting them not being in the CL and despite however they balance the books they are taking a financial hit

They are exactly as bad as you'd think a team with Jesse Lingard as the #10 would be.

The fact that Solskjaer watched them pass the ball in a horseshoe around the Palace box for so much of the first half is probably the biggest indictment of his ability so far.

He had Mata and Pereira on the bench, who aren't world class but can at least pass a ball and help unlock a defence, they had Matic, who could have come on and let you move Pogba forward to look for a miracle pass.

He is a genuinely shit manager, by far their worst since Ferguson left.

So you reckon Matic can "release" Pogba eh? ;)

TBH i think mid table is about as worse it will get for them,unless a major down tools from players happens even then relegation is not an option and cant see it happening, its hurting them not being in the CL and despite however they balance the books they are taking a financial hit
I don’t think they’ve ever spent 2 consecutive seasons out of the CL so if they get knocked out this season and don’t finish top 4, that’ll likely hit them in the pocket in a number of ways. They’ve got a big wage bill so they’d either have to carry on paying that with less income or cut it down a fair bit, which means getting rid of higher paid players. As these are generally the better ones, that could see them slip down the table. If they were to miss out on Europe altogether they could really struggle. Any decent players leave, they lose ticket money, tv and presumably commercial income. They might even hit a point where they’re struggling to pay the interest on their debt and the money they pay the Glazers. We had to sell SWP when we were in that position & that could happen to them. So they slip further down the league and the Glazers try to sell but no one wants the train wreck they’ve created. Eventually they end up like Bolton.

We can dream.

I don’t think they’ve ever spent 2 consecutive seasons out of the CL so if they get knocked out this season and don’t finish top 4, that’ll likely hit them in the pocket in a number of ways. They’ve got a big wage bill so they’d either have to carry on paying that with less income or cut it down a fair bit, which means getting rid of higher paid players. As these are generally the better ones, that could see them slip down the table. If they were to miss out on Europe altogether they could really struggle. Any decent players leave, they lose ticket money, tv and presumably commercial income. They might even hit a point where they’re struggling to pay the interest on their debt and the money they pay the Glazers. We had to sell SWP when we were in that position & that could happen to them. So they slip further down the league and the Glazers try to sell but no one wants the train wreck they’ve created. Eventually they end up like Bolton.

We can dream.

If the Glazers start to actually struggle, they will just sell up, so it's important for them to be just shit enough that they can still make money & not so shit they sell up.

If the Glazers start to actually struggle, they will just sell up, so it's important for them to be just shit enough that they can still make money & not so shit they sell up.
they could prob make more money by running the club into the ground then selling it for £1 (one pound only) ''watch this space''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.