Bluemoon Angling Thread

Caught my first barbel and first River Carp on The Dane at Croxton Lane, Middlewich.
It’s a Stillwater with 3/4 overstocked ponds (for my benefit) called the old hough
Fished the Dane at swettenham in the mid 80’s pre kids when city always played on a Saturday !!!!!

It’s a Stillwater with 3/4 overstocked ponds (for my benefit) called the old hough
Fished the Dane at swettenham in the mid 80’s pre kids when city always played on a Saturday !!!!!
You should be ok for a few bites then!

I still fish swettenham occasionally in the winter for chub and grayling. Stunning location and nice pub. Lovely day out on a crisp winters day.

Had a wonderful day on the Warwickshire Avon yesterday. Fished between 09.30 and 16.00 hrs, which given the blazing sun wasn't ideal. Indeed, fishing was poor with millions of small dace and roach on the maggot as soon as it hit the water but that was all the bait I had. Caught some good perch though around the half pound mark. Didn't see another soul all day, just swans and kingfishers, buzzards and the usual wildlife. The lack of wear on the bankside suggests that this stretch isn't fished too often.

I'm gearing up for retirement now, exploring the waters around my house in Warwick. When I bring down my 1st string tackle from Manchester, I expect to get some decent fish. I believe there are good barbel in that stretch of the Avon.

Also joined Shipston on Stour Anglers with a view to expanding my blanking repertoire to the river Stour.

Next weekend, it's an overnight quest for a two pound roach on my mate's syndicate water in Shropshire whilst he tries to add to his one carp in 3 years.

So much fishing to do. So little time. Roll on 1st November.

Sounds lovely just to have been there, NN. That’s the main reason we go.

If you fish with the Rythm of the seasons there is always a challenge out there. Good luck in your retirement, you lucky sod. A retired angler can never be bored if he’s mobile.

I just managed two more bream on Friday night but it was a new stretch and a very pretty, interesting and challenging one. I will be back. Got a few hours in the sun while my wife cooks dinner this afternoon. I’ve found a bag of chum mixers in the shed too, so either surface carp or perch on lures for my casual Sunday wander after the match.

Went down the beach last night , took a friend of mine who wouldn’t believe me on the sport I get

He got there early to my mark , there was a very attractive lady topless sunbathing so he was already happy !

I had 20 Bass up to 2lb on a surface lure , he had 23 on a saltwater fly ! Couldn’t get through to the bigger fish although I did lose a bigger fish in the dark on a sub surface lure !

Was a mental session , will return this evening

Went down the beach last night , took a friend of mine who wouldn’t believe me on the sport I get

He got there early to my mark , there was a very attractive lady topless sunbathing so he was already happy !

I had 20 Bass up to 2lb on a surface lure , he had 23 on a saltwater fly ! Couldn’t get through to the bigger fish although I did lose a bigger fish in the dark on a sub surface lure !

Was a mental session , will return this evening
You know the rules. PICTURES!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.