Var debate 2019/20

If i were City i would demand to see who did not give that penalty and ask them the simple question... Why did you not give a clear pen that you could see, are you A, biased and trying to manipulate the game or B, incompetent.

I really think they need to explain themselves. The only reason they are unaccountable is because we do not hold them to account enough. We should demand this as clubs imo. It makes me very ill at ease in it's current usage.

VAR has given 6 subjective decisions in th games... Currently 4 -v- 2 against City after the silva non-penalty today.. I am even including the retaken penalty for Aguero as subjective VAR decision FOR city

Shocking really

I've loved football all my life.

From my first trip to Maine Road with my Dad in 1974, watching Dennis score that overhead kick in 76, crying after Spurs 81.

Still loved it when we were utter shite in the 80's and 90's. Loved it when I was crying my eyes out after the FA Cup in 2012 cos my Dad had recently passed away, and of course loving the last few years of domestic dominance.

And then along comes VAR. I'd have never even considered that anything could stop me loving football, but now..... well, I'm genuinely worries this aberration might :'(

If i were City i would demand to see who did not give that penalty and ask them the simple question... Why did you not give a clear pen that you could see, are you A, biased and trying to manipulate the game or B, incompetent.

I really think they need to explain themselves. The only reason they are unaccountable is because we do not hold them to account enough. We should demand this as clubs imo. It makes me very ill at ease in it's current usage.

PiGMOL get an easy ride from the media. It's as if they dont want to rock the boat in case the broadcaster/media outlet lose access to the PL.

They make the Bilderbergers look open and transparent.

Lads stop blaming var.

Var isn’t the issue.

The refs using it are.

They are deliberately trying to make it fail.

Singing “fuck var” only helps them with that.

Sing “we know that it’s fixed” instead and I guarantee it will suddenly stop this shite.

From BBC live text commentary...

The appeal was considered not to be a penalty by the on-field referee. As a matter of course, the VAR checked it. We understand that, because this was a subjective decision, the VAR deemed that there was not enough evidence to overturn the original call and so stuck with the on-field decision.

Obviously, camera & video equipment non functioning for crucial 15 seconds so no evidence available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.