Var debate 2019/20

Daily Fail:

"The check is completed and that is not a penalty. A Tumble from the Spaniard but nothing suggesting it should be overturned."

ddint think it was a penalty at first but on seeing the replay immediately changed my mind......

In the first instance there is clear contact
Secondly, if you look a t past precidents they have been given before

Should have been given but this isnt the fault of VAR- as was pointed out last week the onfield ref can make a mistake/miss a challenge/get a decision wrong. The officials in charge of VAR need to be stronger in over ruling the on field ref....I think the term is that the "bar has been set high for VAR to over rule the ref" - well its been set too high with these subjective decisions

LIke the rodri one last week even with just one replay you can see its a penalty but the same happened to utd yesterday as well

The technology is universal to the league so just because there was no offside decision made today doesn't negate any issues with it.

It's not going to go anywhere because you think referees are sabotaging it. The officials themselves would be done for match fixing in that case.

They won’t be done for anything, because they’ve gotten away with blue murder forever now.

You’re missing the point. In the context of what we saw today, it’s shown that you can’t just blame the tech. None of the incidents today can be attributed to it and it’s all on the refs.

Was the giroud foul on goalkeeper yesterday only time subjective onfield decision overturned this season?

MOTD said Atkinson gave the goal originally but VAR overturned it but didnt seem clear he gave the goal in first place?

The Murray handball from the free kick in first round of matches was not overturned and a number of penalty appeals

the Higher Bar VAR have just sided with onfield referee saying not enough evidence to overule. Be interesting to see what

MOTD and SKY say post match..

Current implementation is absolutely useless, except for hindering us.

End of thread.

ddint think it was a penalty at first but on seeing the replay immediately changed my mind......

In the first instance there is clear contact
Secondly, if you look a t past precidents they have been given before

Should have been given but this isnt the fault of VAR- as was pointed out last week the onfield ref can make a mistake/miss a challenge/get a decision wrong. The officials in charge of VAR need to be stronger in over ruling the on field ref....I think the term is that the "bar has been set high for VAR to over rule the ref" - well its been set too high with these subjective decisions

LIke the rodri one last week even with just one replay you can see its a penalty but the same happened to utd yesterday as well
Give it up

Sterling offside at 2-0 which changed the momentum of the game.

Jesus disallowed goal for Laporte's handball even though he didn't gain control or possession of the ball.

Silva penalty not given at 2-1.

Three VAR decisions that could have affected all three results but 'luckily' for us it has only affected one. We're going to have to be so much better than anyone else to win the league this season.

They won’t be done for anything, because they’ve gotten away with blue murder forever now.

You’re missing the point. In the context of what we saw today, it’s shown that you can’t just blame the tech. None of the incidents today can be attributed to it and it’s all on the refs.
When people refer to VAR it's like referring to City as "us", don't take it so literal.

OK, I admit that I'm a VAR dummy and don't know the rules in and out. So what surprised me today, is everyone hinting that VAR was used to rule on the referees decision and not the actual incident. The incident was a side point, and VAR was used to look at whether the ref had a clear view and could make the right decision. So even if VAR thought the incident was a pen, they are actually looking for whether the ref had a clear view or not, and couldn't decide whether he did, so they said he was right not to award it.

In that case, we've got to the point of VAR looking at a clear pen but ruling it out because they're judging the ref and not the actual incident. If that^s the case, it's crazy fucked up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.