******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t be serious? Too much going on? Like what...one of the greatest run chases falling agonisingly shirt if he gave it out? The umpire bottled it. The innings by Stokes was sensational and under such pressure he played a brilliant innings. Times it so well initially then opened up as he ran out of partners. But you have to distinguish between the emotion and heroics of that and that no call at then end. It was hitting middle to leg mid way up to the naked eye. I called it as plum as soon as it hit him. Not sure what the umpires was looking at to turn that appeal down.

It looked close at the time but I thought it would be umpire’s call.

I agree, but if the Aussie's had taken their chances (dropped catch and misfiled in the last couple of overs) it wouldn't have come down to that last umpiring decision.
That’s the same argument for City last week though right?

If we had taken our chances then we would not have talked about VAR and the no Rodri penalty?

The point you’re making and I agree with is the outcome of the match would have been different had Australia taken the catch or not used their last DRS. But that still does not take away from the howler of a call. Same as our result last week. Likewise our non-penalty today.

It looked close at the time but I thought it would be umpire’s call.
Exactly how I saw it, with naked eye could tell it had deviated after hitting front pad and I thought it would be umpires call too. Not the umpires problem they’d blown their review.

Easy to state that after you’ve seen the balltracker.

Guessing you’re an Aussie....

;-)
I am an Aussie by citizenship, but not birth. No, as I said as soon as I saw it. I didn’t bed ball tracker to tell me he was plum. I think balltracker had it hitting leg. As I said, I saw it hitting middle to leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.