Var debate 2019/20

Bein Sports taking VAR apart for being useless in not making the ref check the monitor for all these decisions.

Saying IFAB’s rules state the referee SHOULD be invited to view the replay on the monitor.

Using German league from today as example of how it should be used and how VAR made a ref re-look at an incident today and he changed his mind.

Taking the puss out of Mike Riley and saying “Sorry Mike, you’re wrong”. “PL is only league in the world doing it this way”
I understand why they don't look at the monitor(as to not stop the play as long)
but its not working for me cos as they are getting decisions wrong.
Refs seem to stick up for each other from what I have seen of those that they have in the TV and radio studios.
I feel like they are unwilling to criticise and correct each other, think it should be done by a third party where they don't have a connection to the ref on the pitch.

Whether VAR is being used in isolation against us is debatable at best and after this weekend I would suggest it isn't.

That said, the league is bent. The FA have a beef with us. The club know it.
What's the FA got to do with the league. Bent as in corrupt ? If so who’s paying who and why, and will they want their money back for the last two years?

Since when has an incorrect decision been the benchmark of what is considered penalty?

IMO, the Kane one could have gone either way. Certainly no complaints if it was given.
There is very soft and there is stonewall,i'd have been mad if the kane one was given

Look,PIGMOL need to come out and explain what the threshold is,they have clearly changed it but are keeping it a secret,they are being shady which makes us suspicious,also stop with the pen reviews if as it seems they have no intention of changing what the ref says,it's for show,just stop it
Explain what they mean by clear and obvious as it clearly means different things to us and them
Change the offside from what they admit they can't be sure of to a clear margin of error pre determined so we all know what it is,they chalked off raz's goal with equipement that is not quick enough

What's the FA got to do with the league. Bent as in corrupt ? If so who’s paying who and why, and will they want their money back for the last two years?

The premier league I meant. Yes they are bent.

Not getting in another debate about this.

Something people keep forgetting about VAR use in the PL is why referees aren’t reviewing key decisions by themselves at the side of the pitch like they do in Europe? They’re surely much more likely to overturn their own decision if they have another look.

I understand why they don't look at the monitor(as to not stop the play as long)
but its not working for me cos as they are getting decisions wrong.
Refs seem to stick up for each other from what I have seen of those that they have in the TV and radio studios.
I feel like they are unwilling to criticise and correct each other, think it should be done by a third party where they don't have a connection to the ref on the pitch.
Think the thinking is, they don't review on the screen to save time, the consequence of that is the VAR give the decision but because they dont want to be seen overturning ref on the pitch decisions the bar has been set very high. Think eventually they’ll have to let the refs review it and lower the bar. Be surprised if its before next season though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.