Var debate 2019/20

If I am at work and I see a colleague make a mistake I either tell him and let him correct it or I ignore it, if I ignore it you have to ask why I did that. If my work team consists of 20 people in a tight knit group and we all agree that should we see a mistake we will not point it out but in fact agree with our colleagues decision I would say there is a very real problem with corruption. Corruption does not need to be about money, we would be acting corruptly because we are deliberately altering the correct outcome.

That is basically what PiGMOL are doing. Rather than go against their colleague they are agreeing with him no matter what the photographic evidence is stating and to me that shows there is a real problem because then one individual can manufacture results knowing no one will over rule him.

Well I tell you what mate, Their doing one hell of a fuckin piss poor job of keeping their alleged paymasters happy. I'd be absolutely fuming keep handing all these brown envelopes out to these Refs to stop City. We actually keep winning more trophies. Long may it continue.
Our as my second line mentioned keeping it interesting,may just be about not actually stopping us but tripping us up or hindering us whenever the chance presents itself as they know we are so far ahead,but don’t kid yourself there is something going on behind the scenes..

Well, just have to get used to it now, as they show no willingness to concede.

"non penalty" awarded by onfield referee will always be rubber stamped by VAR

Stonewall penalty not awarded by onfield referee, will not be overturned by VAR

You may as well sell the pitchside monitors to the Champions League Organisers.

Same with Attacking Handball resulting in a goal, they've decided on interpretation

for EPL. Cannot believe theyll change til next season @ earliest so itll become norm.

By xmas we will be used to it, hopefully top by 6 points and be less of a relevance....

I can see the ref using the monitor for some incidents. The Rodri/Laporte one last week,Kane one today. The Martial one yesterday. The ref and VAR can talk it out together and come to the right conclusion.

But no ref in the world needed to see the monitor for the Silva one today. The VAR should have called it a pen after one look, he stood on his foot, todays boots are very thin like slippers , you get stood on , it hurts and you go down like Silva did. Stevie fkin Wonder would have called that a pen if he was doing the VAR today.

I don't think the VAR is undermining the ref by making a different call to the ref, its simply saying " you missed that one mate, its a pen"

These are world class athletes, you can expect 50 yr old plus fellas to keep up and spot every incident, it's impossible, they need help, they have it and VAR didn't help today.

Shouldn't Marriner be bollicking the VAR tonight and asking him/Swarbrick why the VAR didn't tell him it was a pen.

Mate, as has been said by quite a few of us, the Refs using Var arnt overturning the onfield refs penalty decisions. It's as simple as that. We've been shafted, Rags have, Wolves and a couple of others. They just arnt making their mate look a **** on the pitch by flipping his decision. Which is bollocks if you ask me but that's the way every penalty has gone up to yet

I was simply asking do the VAR panel see the same pictures and repeats we see on TV?

A few what? People that haven’t yet adopted the scouse victim mentality believing everybody and everything that happens is all designed to screw us over?

Watch that post match with Pep. Posted 2 pages ago.

It's not the first time we have seen this type of reaction.

If you cant see it after that, then you are too far gone.

Whether VAR is being used in isolation against us is debatable at best and after this weekend I would suggest it isn't.

That said, the league is bent. The FA have a beef with us. The club know it.

It seems to be of benefit to the teams outside the 'top 6' (bar Liverpool) yet the supporters of teams outside the 'top 6' are still complaining it benefits the 'top 6'.

Is it being used in an attempt to level the playing field or is it just gross ineptitude in the guise of a 'clear and obvious' attempt to prove our officials are generally right most of the time?

Either way it is not fit for purpose .... although I do think it is in our interests for more 'top 6' sides to suffer as we do. Their media pals will only question the process once their teams start suffering.

It's also noticeable how many Spurs fans have come out as anti VAR tonight. They are rightly getting criticism given their celebrations last week, but I think that in itself shows that we, as supporters, shouldn't be getting all tribal and billy big bollocks when one goes for us … we should all be fighting the same fight. The only way the current system will be beaten is by supporters groups singing from the same hymn sheets. Forget tribalism for a few months and fight to save the game as we know it!!!

Red cards should be reviewed by VAR.

Anything else relating to goals though and the teams should have 2 appeals. 1 per half maybe.

Stops everything being checked and keeps the flow of the game.

Appeals system works great in NFL, tennis and cricket.
They would still use the ridiculous threshold that nobody will come out and explain,howerver the review comes about they still won't give obvious things as it overules the onfield officials,they have literally taken the beautiful game and turned it into what suits them,there is a dishonesty in the way PIGMOL are running this,come out and explain what is going on to the fans and pundits,be transparent if they dare

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.