Var debate 2019/20

Var was brought in to manipulate games....the powers that be want a new champion , concentrate on Liverpool & City fixtures, these are the ones that matter in that respect , the other var desicions in the other matches are just a divert...a distraction , how var effects City compared with Liverpool is what matters, we are already unjustly 2points down & that’s all it might take .

Decision not even discussed on MOTD 2, concentrated on Kyle Walker fouls . I agree he was lucky not to get booked for the first tackle early on but come on they're doing it to stop Shearer from being embarrassed. Two weeks in, it's still a joke.

Var was brought in to manipulate games....the powers that be want a new champion , concentrate on Liverpool & City fixtures, these are the ones that matter in that respect , the other var desicions in the other matches are just a divert...a distraction , how var effects City compared with Liverpool is what matters, we are already unjustly 2points down & that’s all it might take .
Clear nonsense. VAR is being brought in across Europe. It's a bad move for football fans, but I don't believe the refs are deliberately trying to damage City.

See that absolutely ridiculous decision not to give SPurs a pen at Spurs today. It's just straightforward incompetence.

VAR is a fecking disgrace when it comes to overulling on-pitch Penalty/No-Penalty decisions. Rodri last week and Silva this week. Surely the VAR official could see the bournmouth player stand on Merlin's foot? Shocking. After the rest of today's games after 3 match weeks, 32 VAR referrals have resulted in 0 on-field decisions being over turned.

I don't know if it is a ploy to make us not win the league, I genuinely think it's the arrogance of referees and officials of the game. The foul on David Silva was clear, it is entirely objective that it was a penalty. The video footage clearly shows that there was a stamp on his foot, it is not possible to argue against that being a penalty. I hate VAR for what it has done to the experience but it can genuinely be used as a tool of corruption when there is no accountability for decisions or lack thereof. If it is a foul in the box, it is a penalty. If anything, this is probably a smarter use of VAR than trying to work out if someone is a 1cm or 2 offside when the technology cannot possibly ascertain so. The technology can ascertain if there is a penalty decision that needs to be made and yet again, we come out on the losing end.

... obviously Salad went down like a sac of spuds, but still a clear tug

... he didn't go down though, he stayed on his feet.

Talk about agenda's, there is an agenda here against Liverpool re: VAR as if it has been implemented for their sole benefit. Don't be so silly. VAR is highly controvertial and where it works against one team, it benefits another, so why no agenda that it is being used to aid others clubs in avoiding relegation, or qualifying for Europe - whatever? Too many holes for it to be a one club conspiracy. Clubs across the board are being harshly affected by VAR which also equates to clubs across the board undeservedly benefitting from it too - Liverpool have not yet been one of them, either for or against. Cannot see how that equates to a conspiracy in their favour.

Jesus goal should have stood, but the new handball ruling scuppered that. All genuine penalties not given, regardless which team(s) are involved, is simply disgraceful. This is agreed upon by many fans of all clubs. VAR is an all inclusive supporters problem, not a Liverpool conspiracy agenda. Hate them as much as you like, but don't confuse the two.

Full disclosure, I support Liverpool. That said, I have no support for VAR when what is obvious to all, especially genuine penalty claims, is simply ignored.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.