Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him, he’s done well and there are plenty of positives to his game.
As a full back he worries me though, his stat of us winning (nearly) every game he starts is down to many other factors other than the fact he’s playing. If I was an opposing manager I’d concentrate the majority of my attacking game down the left.

They put extra wing backs on our fullbacks as well as a back 5, creating space through the middle where our goals came from, Pep is a brilliant.

He’s above average when we are attacking and he’s playing in our 2-3-2-3 we all know what he does very well. But when we have to defend in our own half or withstand some early sporadic play like today, he is definitely a concern. Regardless we all love him for his attitude and know he’s trying to get better at this position. Always puts in a shift and looks class in possession and passing, simple

Definitely our weakest link.While his game has many positives,his inexperience and rawness to the position is still evident on occasion,especially in terms of his awareness.His lack of pace is also a concern.

Maybe the time is right to give Angelino an opportunity?

I need to see a few more matches before I post anything too concrete opinion wise but he’s played enough minutes for substantial tape to be evaluated and he looks to me like the clear and obvious weak point to the team. He’s been burnt defensively on several 1v1s early on in easy/marginal spots. I hate the just boot it out of bounds line which he never takes (big big fan) so hopefully it’s just a blip thing.

Mendy will be fit after Huddersfield/intl break so it’s a position that should be cleared up soon.

I need to see a few more matches before I post anything too concrete opinion wise but he’s played enough minutes for substantial tape to be evaluated and he looks to me like the clear and obvious weak point to the team. He’s been burnt defensively on several 1v1s early on in easy/marginal spots. I hate the just boot it out of bounds line which he never takes (big big fan) so hopefully it’s just a blip thing.

Mendy will be fit after Huddersfield/intl break so it’s a position that should be cleared up soon.
Then you have to include the tape from last season.
He looked much stronger defensively than he does right now.
Probably just needs a few more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.