******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
skysports-harry-kane-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league-football_3959306.jpg
Jethuth Chritht, not the referees’ shadow

The finest innings by an English test batsman in the history of the game.

To go from 7 runs from 79 balls when digging in was desperately needed, to winning the game with 135 not out from 219 balls, everything around him collapsing, the ashes literally on the line. He knew he needed to quickly get the total down to relieve pressure on Leach and so he hit three 6’s in succession after defending for an entire day’s play.

The pressure must have been immense and that is what the sport is all about.

It says it all the Australians were telling him straight how well he’d done.

The man has surpassed Flintoff as an all rounder for me after that test and Flintoff was the man.

Not ashamed to say I had tears in my eyes watching him celebrate, this is the pinnacle of sport.

Freddy the better bowler, Stokes the better batsman.

This is a totally underrated comment. If Leach hadn’t stuck in there then Stokes’s effort would’ve all been in vain. We’ve spoken a lot on here about test cricket and how it’s not all about Hollywood shots and scoring at over 6 an over but when England went 9 down with 70-odd still needed, Stokes figured that twatting them out of the park was the right way to go - scoring at only 2 an over at that point would’ve seen us lose the game - and he backed Leach to hold up the other end while he got on with it.

Vaughan said it was the best 1 ever haha.

He may be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.