Var debate 2019/20

Liverpool haven't yet but I suspect they will suffer because they won't win pens for cheating (e.g. Salah diving) because VAR would be used to prove lack of contact so refs will be less inclined to give them unless they're absolutely sure as they won't want their decisions overturned. It seems the threshold for VAR cancelling penalties is much lower than for giving them.
Same threshold mate. Not a single penalty has been cancelled.

32 reviews on penalties five or not given. No over turns.

yeah i mentioned that last week -- a critical margin of error that is allowed. Maybe this and the clear daylight between attacker and defender would solve 99.9% of the issues for the offside at least?

If we were in a tight game v the rags, pre v.a.r. & Rooney scored a late winner, which on replay looked as if his armpit or toe may have been 2cm offside, even us lot would not be moaning about it. It's too close. It's a goal. A full fat head offside, yes, we'd have a whinge but still it's tight rather than a disgrace. Milner v West Ham; that's an abomination of a decision & that's what people want sorting.

One extra line, to rule out error, sorts everything

How can it be fine, when it hands the ability to decide results to those 'morons' or biased/corrupt individuals ?

I predicted exactly this on record, on here, two years ago & have argued the point ever since.

Why the fuck some folks are still not seeing it for what it is, completely stumps me.

We are NOT going to benefit from this, no matter how many changes they make, no matter even if they really try to be unbiased. The same clubs, will benefit & they will still complain that they are hard done by & find statistical evidence, which proves it.
You're right, man. I tried to be objective and give VAR a benefit of the doubt to figure out its kinks but it's awful. That was a stonewall penalty against Bournemouth. The dummies in charge of VAR during games are spineless twats who won't show up their brethren by overturning their mind-numbing on field calls. An absolute farce. 2 disallowed goals and 2 penalties not given in the first 3 games alone. Smh.

I have to disagree, the ball ends up no where near Jesus without the touch from Laporte. As it hits him then Jesus only needs to take a touch to score and he could have hit it first time (a goal scoring opportunity).

It’s a stupid law that needs abolishing but according to the law then it’s the correct decision. I’m not sure why that’s such a controversial opinion as it’s the one held by every pundit I’ve read or listened to on podcast apart from Samuels and Castles and it’s also what PGMOL have further clarified and stuck by.
I haven't seen anything from PGMOL talking about this issue, have you got a link? Cheers.

Imagine we’re playing at Anfield or Old Trafford and are awarded a penalty. It’s one of those that might be considered a bit soft but still a penalty. The ref goes over to the pitch side monitor and, with tens of thousands of united or Liverpool fans screaming at him, he overturns his decision.

Would we still want pitch side monitors?

It appears they are bottling* them and thinking “well if I’m wrong the var will tell me”.

*unless you’re Salah
The thing is even if Salah dives for a pen and its given on field it will not be overturned by Var, no chance. It will be when pens are not given on the field and referred to Var for a scouse match that will be interesting. I guess the shit will hit the fan if Var overturns one.

The authorities have totally lost their way with this. They seem to have forgotten what the whole point of introducing technology was - ie. to remove injustices from the game. What we have now is them still not overturning any penalty decisions so you've still got blatant pens not being given and presumably when pens that are given that are so soft they are basically not pens, they will not overturn those either? Meanwhile they are micro analysing every goal and chalking them off for the most miniscule stuff if they get half the chance. They aren't getting rid of any controversies, if anything they have increased the controversies. It's a pointless load of wank that will kill the game. Is it possible that in a couple of years' time the Prem will see that it is harming the game and that it punishes attacking football, ditch it and see being the only major league not to have it as another unique selling point for the league globally?

Imagine we’re playing at Anfield or Old Trafford and are awarded a penalty. It’s one of those that might be considered a bit soft but still a penalty. The ref goes over to the pitch side monitor and, with tens of thousands of united or Liverpool fans screaming at him, he overturns his decision.

Would we still want pitch side monitors?
Or would youo rather have a grouop of people who's allegiances we dont know, who can affect a game in virtual anonimity, using a ruleset that know one really knows.

Monitor for me, the ref decides, it's all on him... Which is what it is supposed to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.